Pros: 1. Course is short, but well laid out.
2. Baskets are top notch and have multiple hole locations for 6 out of the nine holes.
3. New concrete tee pads and metal benches were recently installed. There are even brooms on hand to sweep pads.
4. Course is convenient for those who work on Fort Gordon or live near the base and can obtain access.
5. Course is easy to navigate with clearly marked signs and trails.
6. Air Force hole 1 and 2 challenging to birdie.
7. Birdies highly possible on majority of holes.
Cons: 1. Course could be a little more technically challenging.
2. Holes are short. No par 5s, but I understand that will be remedied when the other adjoining courses are laid later this year.
Other Thoughts: Great course that I play whenever I get the chance. Location on base makes this course a winner for me.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
This course has officially opened. Mostly very open and flat holes with a couple wooded ones thrown in. Itís short, but can be very technical. This is one half of an 18 hole course, when played with the Army course.
1. Nice blue Mach X baskets.
2. Each starting point has new concrete tee pads, benches, and trash cans. Benches and trash cars are blue to match the Air Force color.
3. Multiple pin placements on 6 holes.
4. Great signs for both pin placements and where to find the next tee box. Tee box signs have both A and B pin placements and is very colorfully illustrated. They also have a little Air Force history on them for your reading enjoyment. At the bottom right of each sign will have a metal ring to let you know which pin in in play that day.
1. If you are not military, retired, or working on the base, you may have difficulties getting on to play.
2. Love the blue color baskets, since I am retired Air Force, but they are sometimes hard to see.
Other Thoughts: Very good course for not only for beginner, but those of us that play a lot for fun and bragging rights. Might not be to tuff for the professional players. The future plan is for another 18 holes course (MarineNavy) which will be around 9000ft.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 4 Not
Cross into the blue
Pros: The back nine to the Army front nine the Air Force course is similar in distance and difficulty. Fairly short and easy, perhaps even more so than Army. Definitely a lot of birdie opportunities. Very fun to play
Cons: Again, it could be a little longer and some of the holes are very simplistic but there are a couple great holes, number 2 in particular is a fun one.
Other Thoughts: Similar to the Army course, Air Force is constantly getting updated. Plans are in the works for Navy and Marine Corps courses which will be longer and more difficult than Army and Air Force.
0 of 4 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Aim High, but Not Too High
Pros: Air Force nine has beautiful blue Mach X baskets, with cool commemorative lollypops on top. There are good signs, well marked and easy to follow layout, and rubber tee pads. There are portapottys near the parking lot and trash cans aren't hard to find.
The disc golf is tends to be mild in terms of distance, elevation change, and difficulty. Good course to learn on. It has grassy fairways on most holes, and low density of trees on the majority of them. There are many opportunities to make birdies. I liked holes 1, 2, 6, 8 and 9. They had enough terrain and trees to require a good drive in a certain spot to score well.
Cons: Not very challenging. Several short putter and mid range holes. Kind of fun, but not requiring a lot of game. There are stumps to sit on occasionally, but no benches. Being on base, all cars are subject to search. Being under the influence is not advisable.
Other Thoughts: There are plans for each branch of the military to be represented by a 9 hole course here. The Air Force 9 is easier than the Army 9, the first two courses that have been completed. I finished with a 26, and posted par is 28. Missed several easy putts, should have been lower. All in all, a very playable new course. Go get some birds! That's an order.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.