Huntsville, AL
Logan Park Share
Uploaded By: cumurph Hole #4 (Taken 5/2015)

Hello Huntsville

2-4    12/4/2017   12/6/2017
Review By: wellsbranch250
Pros: (0.598 Rating) A family friendly course layout that can also be used as a practice area for skilled players in the neighborhood.
- FORGIVENESS - Just about no hazards on this layout. There is a ditch that runs thru the middle of hole (6's) fairway. If the water is up, I guess you could lose one in a swift current.
- FAMILY FRIENDLY - A nice playground right next to the park, so younger kids will have multiple things to do here in addition to this beginner friendly layout.
- COURSE MAP - I've uploaded a course layout with distances. But even without it, It's easy to follow. The only issue may be throwing to basket (5) from basket (3). Hole (4's) basket is to the right, towards the bridge and tucked under a tree.
- QUICK PLAY - Do you have 15 minutes?
- MAINTENANCE - The grounds appear to be constantly mowed, trimmed and manicured. There was however a little trash in the ditches during my first visit.
Cons: Logan Park has only the most basic elements of the game.
- UNDEFINED CHALLENGE - Without a well defined layout to follow, rating the challenge of this course is limited. For this review I rated the challenge by going basket to basket and starting per the course map. In this type of layout, even a rec players should be able to break par if played as all 3s. Advanced players would be unsatisfied throwing anything other than all birds. There are obviously numerous ways to throw a round here, but every course could say the same thing. Safari possibilities don't affect how I rate a course.
- 6 BASKETS - Having this few of baskets definitely hurts the rating for this course. A few may argue that it's not even a course, although I'd disagree due to the numbering of the baskets and the fact that there are 6 baskets here.
- CHARACTER - No amenities or course comfort items. Even the basics are missing. It's just numbered DISCatchers.
- UNIQUENESS - They really don't get much more vanilla than this one. Four of the six shots have no trees or obstacles in play. Other than a couple of medium sized ditches, no water or elevation elements are to be found either.
- NATURAL BEAUTY - Nothing remotely exotic or naturally beautiful about this site. Logan Park does however appear to be well maintained and was mowed throughout.
- WIND - Due to the lack of trees, wind will likely be an issue here.
Other Thoughts: The first course I played in Huntsville after moving to the area. I happened to wake up 2 hours early before work so I figured I'd check out this course cause I knew it was only 6 holes and I enjoy playing the full spectrum of courses (ie bagger). So far from what I've heard in town is that this course is typically used for practice going basket to basket. However, there's definitely an intuitive basket to basket layout and I could also see a family playing the course from time to time. Nonetheless, If you're from outside the area, you should only consider checking this course out if you're an extreme bagger like me.