3 Helpful / 1 Not
A decent course, but can be dangerous
Pros: - I'm happy that this course had tee signs. They were very descriptive and helpful
- Can't go wrong with monkey trap baskets! These baskets are brand new and look super cool with the red and black finish!
- Rubber tee pads, better than natural tees
- I loved the holes that used elevation (1,7,8,9) The elevation was used very well and added a bonus of fun to the course!
- I liked the distances. There was a good mix of distances on the course. Some holes were under 300 feet while some were over 450'. This variation added to the course in a positive way!
- A really cool feature that this course has that all should have is a simple sticker with an arrow on the base of the basket. This arrow points where the next tee is, which is very beneficial to the course and is a great feature! While it wasn't hard to navigate to each tee, this was still cool to see.
- While this course was lacking in crazy elevation changes and trees, the features that were present were used very nicely and added a little challenge to the course.
- No chance of losing a disc unless the creek is super full or you throw it over the barb wire fence to the left of hole 1.
- Lots of parking and other stuff to do in the park
Cons: - Almost all of the hole's baskets were straight on - there were no doglegs or anything else. It was a throw straight course. This made for a somewhat boring round due to the similarity of the holes (2-6 especially)
- The most prominent and biggest issue of this course is how many other things in the area that are in the way of the disc golf course. Take hole 4 for instance. Hole 4 has a kids slide and a swing set right in the middle of the fairway! Not only does this disrupt a straight line to the basket, but it is downright dangerous and is unacceptable for a course. Other instances are how holes 2 and 6 have their tee boxes on the basketball court. While this is nice to have concrete tees, it disrupts other people in the park that are doing other activities. Also, one hole makes you throw directly over 2 volleyball courts. All of these instances and many more are dangerous to other park-goers and can halt a round of disc golf in an instant. Any busy day in the park, this course would be unplayable
- Holes 8 and 9 are so tight together that they practically share the same fairway, which could be trouble if the course is busy.
Other Thoughts: Overall, this is a pretty good course. If you can come on a day that isn't busy or isn't particularly "nice", then this course will be a quick and easy round. The course was clean, quick, and easy. While this course was pretty enjoyable, I chose to give it a 3/5 due to the similarity of holes, and danger that is evident to other park-goers. Overall a nice course and is worth the time to play if you are in town!
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: area is maintained very well,
has rubber tee mats
holes are easy to identify
Cons: most hole overlap something that was already there volleyball court ect.
Other Thoughts: chances are youll smell fresh honey buns while playing
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.