Creve Coeur, IL
Creve Coeur DGC Share
Uploaded By: ElementZ Hole #7 (Taken 10/2015)

Unusually Good Nine, but how do you pronounce Coeur?

1    8/20/2016   8/20/2016
Review By: sisyphus
Pros: Creve Couer is a really good nine hole course design where you'd least expect it. Boasting large, level, landscaped concrete tee pads, a bench on every hole, next tee signs where needed, informative tee signage and new DisCatcher baskets, this course has distances ranging from about 200 feet (on the 'Stonehenge' ace run 7th) to nearly 400 feet (playing the longer tee on 8).

Did I mention that hole 8 plays to an elevated basket position with a steep drop to the creekbed ravine just beyond? Fortunately, first timers knew that going in because they've already been down there to play the gap-running dogleg left on hole 3 (which seems to play a bit longer than 256').

The course packs in a great deal of variety in a few short holes, and is a fun challenge for casual through intermediate skill levels.
Cons: They only had room for nine holes, but made the best of them. Big arms who like to show 'em off won't get much chance to do that here. The course slightly favors RHBH throwers (OK with me, but it's obvious to mention it). Finally, the finishing hole is a little bit of a letdown after the really well done 8th.
Other Thoughts: There was a large group of friendly locals we chatted with (Hi!), so the vibe feels right here. Finally, no Tracy, we're not stalking you: just happened to be the closest course to our hotel and we had an afternoon tourney round to get loose for!

I Agree With ElementZ !

1    8/12/2016   8/14/2016
Pros: I'm sold on this little course. How I would love to have Creve Coeur as my home course. I think it has three and maybe four really, outstanding holes. The park is not big. It looks like maybe three city blocks around. The course starts right by the parking lot and a picnic shelter. The course has nice concrete tee pads. The tee signs have the usual info on one side (hole #, par and distance) along with a hole sponsor. The other side of the signs have the hole # in big readable letters which helped with navigation. Not that it was hard to navigate here. The baskets are yellow Discatchers with the yellow bands and numbers on them. On the ground beneath the baskets are patio blocks set that point to the next tee pad. There are benches at each hole.

I think # 3 is the signature hole on this course. It's 256', slightly downhill to a thick grove of trees and bushes sitting a small gully. There is a tiny window, maybe 6 foot wide, in the grove. The basket sits on the far side of the grove. I doubt that many players ever hit that window but it's there and everyone will be going for it.

Holes # 2 and # 5 are both similar to # 3. They both are downhill throws where you have to hit the window in order to have a chance at the birdie.

# 9 is another hole I really liked. It's just a simple little anhyser toss through the woods but I liked it.

# 7 should be called Stonehenge. The short 214' downhill throw is to a basket surrounding by landscaping rocks. Hence the name Stonehenge. This hole could really be improved if they would add one taller stone, like a pillar maybe 6-8' tall. Put it right in the line of a RHBH. A tall well placed rock could add about a 1/2 stroke to this hole.

Cons: I wish # 6, the raised basket, was utilized instead for # 9.

Only 9 holes.

Not much I can come up with.
Other Thoughts: Reviewer ElementZ, who loves this course, puts it in the top 5-10 courses in Illinois. Heck, I would place it in the top 5-10 nine hole courses I've played anywhere! Creve Coeur is truly a great play. I highly recommend a trip here.

1    7/21/2015   7/21/2016
Review By: MikeK
Pros: +concrete tee pads
+challenging, tough to score under par
+doesn't seem to have bugs
Cons: -not that memorable, just an ordinary 9-holer if you ask me
Other Thoughts: Couple of fun downhill holes and many baskets placed in the woods make this one interesting, but really nothing to get all that excited about.

Great Course!

2-4    10/2/2015   10/2/2015
Review By: ElementZ
Pros: Holy moly! I love this course! This was my 125th course, so I've developed a pretty good idea of good and bad and this is definitely on the good side!

For a 9 hole course, this is fantastic. Truly fantastic.

The layout is perfect. Here's why. The designers utilized the land amazingly. Each of the 9 holes is unique and offers it's own challenge. It is a memorable course with #5 being the signature "field goal" hole. However, through the use of elevated baskets and island greens and small little idiosyncrasies, each hole is memorable and fun. The layout is extremely intuitive and flows very well. I was a bit confused on hole 8, but that's because there are apparently two tees on this hole.

The equipment is very new and great. Cement tee pads, new DisCatchers, signs with adequate information. Grass is mowed. Garbage is a non-issue. I'm impressed. There are definitely people here that care about the course and continue to nurture it like their baby.
Cons: The biggest (and maybe only) con, is that it's nine holes (which automatically takes a point off the rating). There are no massive elevation changes and no water, but it makes use of the land perfectly. Because each hole is so unique, you could easily play two rounds here and not be bored. The designers really tried to make each hole unique in their own way so there is no true "filler hole".

An idea, I think having a big course map at the beginning of the course would add some value, though the layout is extremely intuitive.
Other Thoughts: Wow. Truly. Come check out this 9-holer. I would definitely put it in the top 10 9-holers in the state. Probably even top 5. It's definitely comparable to Skare Woods in Rochelle, IL (#1 rated 9-holer in the US). I had an absolute blast playing here on a fresh October morning. I don't think you'll regret coming here. Peoria's courses, especially the recent ones, have really impressed me. Peoria is becoming a fantastic destination for disc golf and it may now be the best in the state. My hats off on this course!

Edit: Pictures are now uploaded!

Creve Coeur 9 holes

1    8/3/2015   8/6/2015
Review By: horseman2
Pros: Used what little land available very well, rolling hills, baskets mostly well protected. Fairways mowed nicely a good mix of open and tree protected baskets
Cons: Not enough trees in the fairways,
Other Thoughts: A real nice 9 hole course.