Fort Morgan, CO
Pessimist DiscGolfPark Share
Uploaded By: LeewayeDiscGolf Hole #10 (Taken 4/2017)

Overall a good/great course

1    6/19/2017   6/19/2017
Review By: Brian McFarlane
Pros: New/nice baskets in very good condition. Mostly the course makes sense from one hole to the other. Good signage at the tees. Tees pads are more than sufficient, even though I prefer concrete pads - these are artificial turf "rug/carpet". The course overall has a variety of shots - mostly.
Cons: I wished that the baskets had the hole # on them, I could not find any #'s. Some of the signs/maps of the hole were not totally accurate (maybe 4-5 of them).
Other Thoughts: Overall the course is fun. I think there are 2-3 holes at 670+ ft., I don't think that is a great use of the land - just me, I assume some golfers like to have those long holes. Also has a few more over 500 ft. which is OK, I just don't think it needs that many long ones (6 or 7?) challenging though. Only one hole under 300 ft. My expectations were high given that it was designed by DiscGolfPark probably didn't quite meet expectations. A couple of holes were hard to find - I like the arrow in the basket pointing towards the next hole but it wasn't always accurate and then no #'s on the basket made it difficult to find the next tee or basket - only on 2, maybe 3 holes though.

Worth the drive

5+    2/26/2017   3/6/2017
Review By: tibwa
Pros: -The design of this course makes it very fun to play. There are long shots, ace runs over water, forced lay-ups, legit par 4's, and even a pretty long par 5 (could be a 4 if you take the escape route).
-Plenty of trees in play creating lines for many different types of shots.
-Some wide-open shots with fewer trees, but you still have to think about it.
-Lots of big, safe drives to test your distance.
-Will get you to make use most of the discs in your bag.
-Very well marked, course navigation is a breeze with the arrows in the baskets and the amazing signs.
-Very nice locals. People on trails next to some holes were very courteous and inquisitive, it was cool. A lovely local even called me and returned a lost disc.
-Water is in play on a few holes. But you really kinda gotta screw up bad to lose a disc. That makes it more of a interesting and fun challenge.
-Grounds in late winter are excellently maintained. Short grass, bushes cut back to leave alleys to find your disc. I'm curious to see how overgrown it is in spring/summer.
-Nice and quiet. I played two rounds on a sunny and warm Saturday and only ran into one other party.
-Tee pads are very nice. Signs are just perfect.
Cons: -Unless you live nearby, this is a destination course. 1.5 hours from Denver.
-Its got that stank. You just have to get used to it.
-Some weird road chunks on holes 1 and 2.
-Sometimes you have to wait for people walking on the trails, but everyone is so nice there, so not much of a con.
-I bet the bugs are crazy here in the summer.
-Going from hole 11 to 12 is the only time I was the slightest bit confused. Just follow the arrow on the basket north across the creek and toward the river to find 12's pad.
Other Thoughts: -If you have seen a DiscGolfPark course on any videos, you can really see how much effort they put into making players think about every shot on every hole. It is really easy to tell that this course was professionally designed. It does not favor RH or LH, the ample trees provide a challenge for all players. I love this course because it is huge, technical, challenging, and quiet. Probably not the best place to bring beginners. Although Optimist is good, this is way better.

Pro level challenge

1    9/5/2016   9/6/2016
Review By: JohnPSI
Pros: Fantastic piece of property with lots of elevation changes, unique land features, majestic cottonwoods and views of the South Platte river. Every fairway was well manicured, so I didn't spend much time looking for discs. Quick access to 76 and nearby hotels and convenience stores.
Tee signs were easy to read and served to help spot tee pads.
Turf tee pads provided excellent traction and were bountifully sized.
DisCatchers were in flawless condition. No ink graffiti or stickers. The welded on plates in the bottom of the baskets that pointed in the direction of the next tee are a brilliant solution. I hope to see this adopted universally.
Every single hole was a unique shot and made great use of the land features. There were virtually no throw away holes.
There's plenty of variation from hole to hole; from 240 - 700 feet. Never a chance at getting bored.
Benches were scattered plentifully throughout the course, and there was just enough shade available to give you a reprieve from the blistering sun.
Though there's a walking trail that runs through the park, it wasn't very populated. I doubt you'll ever have much of an issue with over population and waiting on this course.
Cons: I really have to be nitpicky to find many cons here as this course is excellent.

Its a little tough to find the first time. Unsure of where I was, I parked at the first lot. This put me right at hole 1 but left my car near the line of fire for hole 2's basket. A little signage would be helpful, though it wasn't a big deal.

This course had a lot of distance, which to me isn't a lot of fun. I really only had a couple scoring opportunities, and most holes just getting par was quite tough. I knew what to expect coming into this course and yet I was pretty beat at the end and a little surprised when my step counter told me I had hiked almost 4 miles. I feel like this course could have been shorter in some areas and still provided the same challenge.

Lots of available water but only once does it really come into play (18) and its not much of a threat even then. However, this course can flood during heavy rains.

Bugs can be an issue out here. Herds of grasshoppers were present during my round, but sometimes flying insects and mosquitos can be overwhelming here.

Navigation was generally pretty good but a tad confusing between 11 and 12. Some flags and additional marking for some baskets would be helpful.
Other Thoughts: This course will really test you, and it had more difficulty than my intermediate game could handle. If you miss your line, this course will punish you dearly. I took quite a few 5's and a 7. This course never lets up; there's really only one hole that's easy. Pessimist indeed. This is a pro level course that will challenge anyone, but it's a ton of fun, so pack some extra water and bring your A game!

Fantastic DGP

1    3/5/2016   5/9/2016
Review By: H.E. Pennypacker
Pros: Great baskets & course design, which is to be expected as a disc golf park design. Tee pads and signage were the best I've seen in a while. The arrows at the bottom of the baskets pointing to the next tee were also a nice touch.

The course itself was great as well. Really fun mix of long and short, technical and wide open.
Cons: Other than the drive from the Denver/Boulder area, I can't think of very many. Would be good to have some trash cans on the course.
Other Thoughts: Refreshing alternative for those days when you want to play a destination course in CO, but don't feel like driving up to the mountains.

Great new challenging course

1    9/10/2015   9/10/2015
Review By: CZaslav
Pros: This course has a great mix of technical shots as well as long open drives to test many different aspects of your game. Some holes provide a long bomb followed by a techinical shot on the same hole in order to get to the basket. Tunnel shots, water hazards, open distance drives.

Baskets- Brand new, could not be any better in my opinion. Directional arrows welded into each basket pointing to the next tee.

Tee Type- Astroturf with sand mixed on top. I have never used this tee before and had not issues on any of them. I did not slip at all. They are a good size and always pointing down the fairway.

Tee Signs- Still being installed but they appear like they will be good. Some baskets are not easily visible from the tee so good tee signs will be helpful.

Flow- The course flow was fine. Teepads were not always visible from the basket but the arrows gave you a direction to walk. Typically never more than about 150 feet from the last basket except between holes 11 and 12. I had no navigation issues at all on my first time.

Course Maintenence- This course semes like it could get overgrown quick but it is in great shape currently and after speaking to members of the city and the mainenence crew it seems like they are dedicated to keeping it playable.
Cons: Benches and Trash cans- I did not come across any. I think there is probably a plan to put these in as the course is just opening. This course is a descent walk and some benches by Teepads would be nice.
Sign and directions in parking lot- Again could be coming soon but a map and sign pointing to hole one from the parking lot would be nice.
Other Thoughts: My cons are pretty minor and will probably be fixed soon. This was a great course and makes this park great with 2 challenging courses. Nice river views. Very little traffic from non disc golf activities also adds to the experience. This makes Fort Morgan more of a disc golf destination to spend a day at now.