Crown Point, IN
Hidden Creek DGC Share
Uploaded By: bradtollefson Hole #1 (Taken 10/2015)
Typical Tee

Shorter course next to apts

5+    9/16/2017   10/12/2017
Review By: cubsfan53
Pros: Good starter course for beginners. Never busy. Tees pretty well marked except for first hole. Some challenging holes due to the tennis court in the middle of the layout.
Cons: Tennis court in the middle of the course, though now the gate is always open to retrieve discs. Some dog crap on the course. High rough on the left side of holes 3 and 4,- may lose a disc.
Other Thoughts: I play this course since its two miles from my home, and its a good course to introduce folks to disc golf.

Beginner course at apartment complex

1    12/31/2016   1/1/2017
Review By: ajbova
This review was updated on 1/4/2017
Pros: Course is set in the back corner of an apartment complex away from buildings. It is mostly open and wraps around a fenced tennis court. Aimed at beginner level players.

Baskets - 9 Innova Discatchers that caught great. Highly visable.

Tees - 1 natural tee per hole. In addition to signs, the corners of the tees are outlined with red bricks facing the basket.

Signs - Signs on each hole list the hole number, distance, and par.

Variety - Most holes are open and under 250 feet. 2 holes are over 300. With exception of 2 & 7 which play around a tennis court, all holes are completely open. Hole 3 borders brush that can eat discs. Hole 4 and 6's basket are up on a little hill.

Somewhat easy to navigate. Most tees are next to or near the previous basket with exception of 1 and 2.

Benches near basket of 3 and tee for 4 where there baseball field is.

Easy to get to from US 41. Left at round-a-bout and 2nd left. Course is at the top of the hill. Visitor parking at the top.
Cons: Hole 1 sign is missing so if you don't know where to look, the course can get off to a rough start.

Hole 1 throws over hole 8s basket. Hole 2 throws past basket of 7 and hooks around a very narrow gap between tennis court and brush. Hole 7 also is a sharp hook around a tennis court. These are not really beginner or any advanced level friendly. If I were able to redesign the course, I would remove 2 and 7 and add another hole to the softball area. I would also move the basket for 8 so you are not throwing over it on hole 1.

Hole 9 crosses hole 1, 2, and 8. Although I do not see it being an issue where the course is busy, the layout can be confusing.

There was trash everywhere. Not sure if it is because it is very windy and here is where the trash ended up, but it was messy.

Layout leaves you more confused than impressed.
Very loud since it is near the highway.
Other Thoughts: I made a map and added it to the "Links/Files" tab to help everyone out.

There isn't much to do to fix this course up other than remove a few holes or moving a few baskets. With the land available, holes overlap. This would play better as a 6 or 7 hole course and it would eliminate much confusion.

Unless you are looking to try a new course, I wouldn't exactly recommend it. It is a nice addition to the area, however, there are other nearby courses that will leave you much more satisfied.

This course is good for what it is. It is a course meant for residents of the apartment. Back when I lived in an apartment in Indy, I told myself all the time that there was enough green space for a course. It is nice to see a course using empty space of an apartment.

Odd Course And Locked Tennis Courts Gives You Thought!

1    6/25/2016   6/25/2016
Pros: The course at Hidden Creek Apartments is a little quirky, if I'm being kind. The course kinda uses the tennis courts as a centerpiece.

Hidden Creek has Discatchers baskets with the yellow band and with numbers on them. The simple little tee signs have the hole #, par and dustance. The pads have two bricks in each corner marking the tee pad area. This course will never get enough play for the grass pads to get rough and rutted.

Two baskets are set right by the tennis court fence. I tried to curve a roller around the fence both times, once successfully and the second time with distarious results. I tried to throw my Lepard up and over the court's high fence. The wind caught it and landed it in the tennis courts. When I went around to the gate, it was locked up tight. So I had to lie on my back and squeeze myself under the fencing and being swelt fellow that I am, it was a very tight squeeze.

The course probably plays at a recreational level thanks to the two silly/interesting tennis court holes.
Cons: I never found the pad or sign for # 1.

Two holes set right next to tennis court fence are different.

The tee signs face the backward from the hole.

The number 3 basket is now home plate for the softball field. I guess they plan on playing any more baseball there.
Other Thoughts: There are a couple signs warning about this being private property so I'm not sure whether we're welcome or not. I have a feeling there won't be a run of players wanting to return and play this course. I would like to try those two tennis court holes again. # 2 is an interesting hole. I want to roll around the corner of the fence but you only have about 12 feet of room to make the corner. Has to be a real accurate roller.

Not good, even for a beginner course

1    11/28/2015   11/28/2015
Review By: joedunc
Pros: New, Nice Baskets. Very visable
Cons: Layout replaced a home plate on a usable baseball field just to add a hole. What about baseball?
Bad Layout playing needlessly around obstacles
little consideration for safety of others using the park
Throw over street, danger to cars and players
Other Thoughts: I love playing disc golf. This course is the closest course to where I live. When I first passed by and saw the baskets I was so excited, I couldn't contain myself. I made it to the course the next day and was disappointed. Tennis course were locked, and course made you play around the tennis courts.

This course is really bad

1    11/9/2015   11/9/2015
Review By: DiscGolfMurf
Pros: As much as I would like to give any place with baskets a glowing review I just cannot in this case. This is the worst course I have ever played. The layout is boring and without challenge. The basket placement in relation to their respective tee pad is at times ridiculous. There just should not be a course in this location. It doesn't work. It's cramped and completely impeded by a tennis court that you more or less play around. Imagine that. A course more or less designed around a tennis court. Joke! I don't think the designer plays disc golf but this is just my assumption based on my experience playing the layout.
Cons: Everything. Hated it. I think a course like this would give a new player a negative opinion on what a disc golf course is. This statement was made with the clear understanding it is a pitch and putt for new players.
Other Thoughts: Embarrassment and a joke. This was not designed with any care.

great compact course

1    10/24/2015   10/24/2015
Review By: bradtollefson
Pros: I've never seen such a compact course set out so well. They make the most of the available space. The tennis court actually provides some challenging course to keep the course interesting. Plenty of opportunities for deuces to build your confidence
Cons: Some might prefer longer holes but for us with our 150-200 foot drives it was great.
Other Thoughts: Walk around the left side of the tennis court to find hole 1.