Glencoe, IL
Watts Park Share
Uploaded By: notapro Hole #7 (Taken 9/2010)

Nice short course

5+    4/29/2017   5/5/2017
Review By: krooster
Pros: Not much rough so it's impossible to lose a disc. Lots of large trees and great use of the space make nearly each hole unique.
Cons: Can be crowded on the weekends, and some space is shared with a baseball field. Due to the lack of rough, there isn't much penalty for a really bad shot that goes off the fairway, which makes it maybe not challenging enough for some. Two of the holes are admittedly pretty terrible, just wide open and short, but the others are decent.
Other Thoughts: Hole lengths are short, which my weak arm considers a pro but others might consider a con. Back when I was playing a lot I could go here with just mids and putters and still thought it was a great course, but now I can't throw as far so I have to bring the full bag.

This is actually one of my favorite courses to play in the near-NW-Chicago-suburbs area, despite it being somewhat small and short. Maybe that's not saying much since the courses around here aren't great, but I appreciate it and all the trees make it fun.

Good For a Quickie

5+    5/27/2009   5/27/2009
Review By: Nigel
Pros: Plenty of trees to provide a challenge; lots of opportunities for aces at this course
Cons: Broken basket on first hole, kids sometime crowd around the baskets on holes 3 & 5, just yell at them
Other Thoughts: The baseball field can bring out the brats, but the younger kids can't really hit any homers so DGers and outfielders never clash

B = Bery Bery Nice 9-Holer

5+    7/19/2007   4/19/2009
This review was updated on 6/8/2009
Pros: Like many shorter 9-holers, I play this one with a midrange and putter. My review is based on that.

What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == B
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B+
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I can add anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.

I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.