Brighton, CO
Adams Hollow Share
Uploaded By: jugglerbri Hole #13 (Taken 11/2015)

Nice course

1    7/24/2018   7/26/2018
Review By: RASmith
Pros: Nice tees and baskets.

Good mixture of distances.

Beautiful area.

Peaceful
Cons: Some distances seem off. It took me a while to go with my estimate instead of looking at the sign and doubting my eyes. Going back it won't be an issue but it was for my first round.

I wandered around on the final holes for a bit looking for the next tee. They're identified on the previous tee but I wasn't using them at that point.
Other Thoughts: This was my first scored round since 2005 due to injuries and deployments and life. I threw a 54 without much hassle. I missed 6 putts and had still had a chance at -1 on 18 at 512 feet. I will be back to try for under 48.

Baskets are great. I left myself some long putts because I can't throw backhand now but the chains were stopping them nicely.

I was testing out a new mid range that's supposed to fly stable and straight. It does. I was able to line up and throw into the chains and only one went out the back. That was the only miss that actually hit chain.

I will miss this course once my week here is over.

Adams Hollow the Perfect Follow

1    6/7/2018   6/17/2018
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: Adams Hollow in Brighton CO was the third course I played on my visit to the area. It is a really nice course that has good equipment and plenty of room to work on most of the fairways.

The elevation changes are fairly minor, but there are a couple of slopes that add zest to the pin placements. Water is nearby on a couple of holes, but it is not a huge factor.

There are sizable trees spread sporadically around the park, but there is far more open space to let it fly. The surface has some low brush, but is often thin or bare, so my drivers took some really big skips.

Only one set of tees, but several holes have alternate pin placements. All holes are par 3, and there is a great mix of short and long, with a good number of intermediate distances. A round at or near par is plausible on the first round for an average player.

I was one over for the day on the only round, with one birdie and two bogies. Really should have made par, but I took a terrible three putt on hole 7 that turned a possible birdie into an embarrassment.

It isn't as majestic or challenging as some of the other nearby courses I've played, but it makes good use of the landscape and the layout isn't too tough for less experienced players. It is the next level up from Johnny Roberts. Easy to follow and not crowded when I was there.

Open enough to have wind be a significant factor in those conditions. Sunscreen recommended under clear skies.
Cons: I enjoyed the round, but did not encounter any holes that really grabbed my attention. Consistently good but never extraordinary.

The walk into the park is kind of long. Once you get to the first tee navigation is pretty easy, but there's a sign with the course map on it if you want to get a quick pic.

Did have a gentleman waking his little dog the wrong direction on hole 8, and he witnessed my only deuce.
Other Thoughts: Adams Hollow is a pretty good course that was on the way to the next one, so I'm glad I stopped by. It was the perfect compliment after playing JR in Arvada and Bailey earlier on the trip.

Not an instant classic for me, but good enough to visit if you're spending time nearby. It is not too demanding but still has some interesting and fun holes. I look forward to further exploring more Colorado courses in the future.

5+    10/29/2017   4/17/2018
Review By: thaboss44
Pros: Great layout with mixes of LONG and short holes.
Cons: Not many. Would like to see another port-a-potty on the back 9. Long course, so bring water.
Other Thoughts: Try catching the drink cart for the golf course. She'll hook you up cash only.

The Long and the Short of it

5+    10/19/2017   10/20/2017
Review By: ZachTuthill
Pros: -Perhaps the best hole variance I've played. Not only does whatever layout you're playing demand most shots you've got, but they could change 14 of 18 holes overnight. And frequently do!

-Gorgeous V-Shaped concrete pads.

-Nice, new tee signs with sitting areas and frequent tables at pads.

-Course Flow. You (almost) never play the same hole twice in a row. Great use of available space, especially on the holes with 350+ feet separating different placements.

-The Locals. This course has a large group of daily players that hang out here, and everyone is cool to add you to their group and show you the ropes. Another pro is that the locals are GOOD. Meaning you are unlikely to be waiting long behind even larger groups.

-Fair but challenging OB. A dry ditch plays, as well as a lake, but you can easily retrieve and find your discs from even true shanks.
Cons: -It's way the shit up in Brighton. If you're playing an after work round, traffic is gonna suck heading back to the metro area, no matter how you try it.

-The walk from the parking lot is a solid half mile.

-Oblivious fisherman can come into play.

-The Wind. It's there, and it will punish you on days with a longer layout in place.
Other Thoughts: My low round on this course was a -4 on a short layout. My low round on a "long day" is +2, and I was much prouder of that round than the -4. To give you an idea of the kind of variance in pin placements I'm talking about, hole #11 plays EITHER 180 or 414. It's not the only hole to have that kind of change either. Not by a long shot. 18 goes from a tough finish to a miracle par. 2 goes from a rewarding birdie to a brutally difficult 3. For context, I have a cannon. I max out at about 450 on a no-slope forehand flex. But the number of narrow fairways and low ceilings make basically everything north of 400 ft unreachable for me. The low numbers can be bagged, but you best have some scrambling skills. Good drives with bad skips leave you scrambling. Attempted 100 ft throw ins can leave you scrambling. If you don't think you can reach for 2, don't go crazy. Play for 3, or you will be scrambling.

Adams Hollow is destination frolf, Colorado style. Get out there and get it. Then, come back next week, and play a totally different course.

Well Rounded, Great Location

2-4    6/17/2017   6/29/2017
Review By: 3woodmanbenjamin3
Pros: Nestled between two picturesque ball-golf courses on a nature preserve, this course offers a well-groomed, well-signed, well-designed frolfing experience. Practice putting green, a relatively clean outhouse, and multiple picnic tables make your day easy and enjoyable. Plenty of old growth trees to challenge your accuracy and lots of tall grass rough too. Some slight elevation comes into play on a few holes, but a mostly level course. Alternating pin locations keep the course fresh each time you play. Perfect location, not far off the tollway from the airport, definitely worth a stop if you're in the area!
Cons: Occassionaly the tall grass or thick trees will eat your disc, and a water spigot would really help after a long 18+.
Other Thoughts: Would be nice if all pin locations were permanent, but now I'm just being picky!

Variety being the spice of life and all...

1    5/14/2017   5/22/2017
Review By: numbernine
Pros: You'd almost have to call this disc golf course a "hidden gem" if you didn't know how to get back to hole 1. But aside from that nitpick, this is a great course in a sea of decent courses in the area.

baskets - innova targets. Which, for my money anyway, are the best in the business. All of them are in good shape and I saw no damage to any of them.

tee pads - concrete pads throughout the park. Good and grippy and level. Nothing worse than a tee pad on the side of a hill, that slopes down or up.

signs - clear signs that mark the entirety of the course, and all of the hole locations. I believe that all of the holes have a couple of pin locations. Some of them have a few. I'd like to be able to go back and play all of them.

shots - variety is king here. bomber shots, touch technical runs, annies, hyzers, overhand opportunities...this course really runs the gamut and tests your entire bag. For me, the best shot is hole #9. It runs along a ridge and is death on either side, and is framed by one of the beautiful ponds. (there is a also a wood duck on the sign)

design - the flow is nice here. There is a no thinking about where to go next really. The course flows from one hole to another without having to search for them.
Cons: if there is a down side to this course, it's that there quite a few of the signs that simply don't match the distance of the hole. And I am not sure if there were some special pins in place on the day I played, but quite a lot of them were just wrong by a whole lot.

the walk to hole 1 is a hike. I get it, we're playing disc golf. We're gonna walk. But man, it could be hard to find/get to for some folks.

There were quite a few walkers/bikers/ball golfers on the trails that zig zag through the course as you play it. Multi use parks are awesome. Just be careful. I almost killed someone on hole 2.
Other Thoughts: Having the port o let in the middle of the course is super nice. I'd consider that a pro. But I didn't go in it, so it might have smelled like 8th circle of hell.

All in all, I really loved this course. Lots of variety and lots of promise. It feels like the kind of course that makes you a better golfer. I needed my entire bag, and I hope that you do to!

One of the best I've played

1    4/18/2017   4/18/2017
Review By: sjroesinger
Pros: Great hole variety, obstacles, tee boxes, placards, and baskets
All around very fun course
Cons: A bit of a walk from parking lot to #1 tee (well marked though, and not necessarily a bad thing)
Not any other cons for me
Other Thoughts: This is probably one of the best courses I've played so far. Toilets and plenty of recycle bins/trash bins. I would highly recommend this to friends

1    12/3/2016   12/4/2016
Review By: bobmcnelly
This review was updated on 12/30/2016
Pros: - concrete tee pads
- good baskets
- new tee signs with all the info you need
- multiple basket placements with an orange cone on the unused position which made it easy to know when its in the long position
- navigation of the course is fairly simple
- good variety of distances ranging from 200 to 500 feet
- a decent amount of trees and obstacles to make for some technical throws
- interesting basket placements to make for some tough decisions
Cons: - a decent walk from the parking lot to the first tee
- the course is mostly all flat
- a couple fairways and greens are somewhat close to other holes and tee pads making some slight danger issues, but sort of just looking for cons
Other Thoughts: One of the best courses in the whole metro area. Great competition course that offers tons of challenge but isn't too difficult for an intermediate or even a beginner.

Adams hollow is a full blown course!

5+    8/13/2016   8/17/2016
Review By: Tayls
Pros: New layout is awesome. Well thought out. Most if not all the holes have multiple basket positions. Good variety of holes that make good use of the terrain.
Cons: Not much. Can be windy most evenings. Some ground cactus on the back. I miss old hole 10.
Other Thoughts: Looking forward to tournaments here.

2-4    7/9/2016   7/10/2016
Review By: Parataxis
Pros: Mature trees throughout course.
Even if you throw a disc into the bushes it's fairly easy to find.
Some complexity to be found in a number of holes.
Plenty of long drives.
Water on site by port-a-potty.
Cons: Wish course had been laid out to use trees to create a greater level of difficulty.
Can absolutely bake in the summer.
Poorly signed; rumor has it that they're working on this. A map at the beginning of the course would be helpful.
Other Thoughts: One of the nicest courses in the Northern Denver Metro area imo, 4 stars given to reflect the fact that this is the best place within 45 minutes of Lafayette. Tees are well spaced/placed making it relatively unlikely that you'll get whacked in the head.