151 Foot Par 4
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: (1.199 Rating) Too short and too few of holes to garner any attention, but this course could produce a nice safari round for players that live in the neighborhood.
- ELEVATION - A surprising amount of elevation change on such a small site. At least a 40 foot drop from tee (1) to the base of the valley below. There are some safari tee possibilities to work in a 60 foot drop teeing from the road to basket (5).
- SAFARI - Although I don't award points for safari options, it's worth noting that a local could easily develop a fun hybrid layout using the baskets and with modified tees using natural locations. The first thing I did out here after looking at basket(1) from the tee was pass it up. And I chucked a shot to basket (3) instead. The shot looked to be at least 40 feet down and then back up 15 feet. The shot was around 300 feet long.
- ACEABILITY - A few ridiculously easy ace runs. Hole (2) is listed at 100 feet.
- FORGIVENESS - Just about no overgrowth on this layout. The only exception is the few shrubs that run along the creek.
- NAVIGATION - No issue without a map, first time and solo. You can see every basket from tee and the next tee is always close by.
- BEGINNER FRIENDLY - Seriously who set the par structure for this course? It's comical. A 151 foot par 4?
- QUICK PLAY - 7 holes is under 20 minutes. I could predict you a time length for a four-some to play here, but I doubt a group of friends would ever agree to play here.
Cons: Lots of issues with Willow Grove course.
- BASKET AND TEE SEPARATION - Whomever laid out the tees didn't put too much thought into it. Literally like 15 feet between (3) basket and (4) tee. Same for (5) and (6)
- LAYOUT FLOW - Lots of issues due to the crammed in space. Several shared fairways. However, probably almost never an issue as I doubt more than one or two players will ever be here at the same time.
- 6 BASKETS - Having this few of baskets definitely hurts Willow Grove's rating. A few may argue that it's not even a course, although I'd disagree as all seven shots are distinct. Tee (7) is to basket (1)
- CHARACTER - In addition to the basket shortage. Many of your typical standard course items are missing. No tee seating, no map, no community board, no trash cans, no extra pin placements, no multi tees, etc. There is hole signage showing hole #, par and distance on most holes. Tees are short rubber maps and are adequate for the short length of the holes. There is also a picnic table near (1)
- UNIQUENESS - The holes themselves are lacking the uniqueness that you'd see on your average 18 hole course. The course is extremely short, Other than hole (5), many players will only need a putter. There really aren't any true doglegs. Only one hole twists, (5) again, which I will also note that (5) is the only shot shaping opportunity. There are no blind baskets. There are a few listed par 4s but I did not give credit for them as they are all shorter than 301 feet.
- TO EASY - If the course were played all par 3s most seasoned players would still find themselves well under par.
- RAW BEAUTY - I really can't find much good to say about it. Not awful, but lacking just about all wow elements except for the elevation views to the basket. Very few trees in play and numerous manmade structures in view. There's a nice small creek along (5), but it turns into a concrete swale upstream along (6)
Other Thoughts: A baggers course for sure. Easy to check off the list if time restricted while visiting Nashville. Not recommended for the players looking to play the best courses in the area.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: It has baskets.
Putter and mid practice.
Elevation is a plus.
Very quick round.
Introduces disc golf to the apartment residence.
Cons: Not much here.
No public parking to speak of.
Other Thoughts: This is a course for residents mainly.
Anything to help grow the sports.
If your a course chaser like me its a quick add.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.