3 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: - Nice long concrete teepads. Some of the best that I have thrown off of in a while.
- Multiple tees on every hole
- Decent signage on the short pads
- Fun and simple layout with its fair share of challenges
- For as as small as the course is I was pleasantly surprised with how many different discs I needed to use and how many different shots I needed to throw
- They did a good job incorporating the water that is on the property and the shots that use the water are definitely a mental challenge for pretty straight forward shots
Cons: - No teesigns on the alt teepads but you can easily just look at the teesigns on the regular pads and then walk to the alt pads and play them
- Baskets were nothing to write home about and some were difficult to spot in the woods. New baskets would easily add to the appeal of the course.
- Signage for the course entrance would also help. I drove by the course without knowing it because there was no signage and then I felt a bit odd parking in the parking lot because it seems like its used for the special needs home that its next to
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed playing this course. I only played from the short tees but I thought it had a perfect mix of holes. I cant for the life of me figure out why it isnt rated any higher than it is because to me it is a well done course. You can tell that it has been around a while with how beat down a lot of the paths are and this leads to an easy flow of play for a first timer on the course.
Overall I liked this course a lot and would suggest that if you go play the Canyons then you should 100% check out this course that is less than a mile away from there.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
8 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: This course has under gone a ton of change. the new tee pads are amazing ( cement) and the new lay out makes this course a lot more challenging. Hole 1 and 2 shoot over the water which is an awesome way to start your round. hold four was moved to make it a tough shot that is elevated. hole five has a new pro tee pad that is challenging. 7,8,9,19,12 all have new pro tee pads and 9 and 12 regular tee pads have been changed. 15 is a risk reward shot shooting over a small pond that can cause trouble. 17 and 18 are new lay outs that make the course finish with a bang. the new layout does have some walking but it is worth it to play the shots you get to play.
Cons: the water on the course is a problem. I have noticed a lot of people working out there digging trenches ( these guys do it by hand and the trenches are 3 feet deep and about 100 yards long.) the two ponds have duck weed on them and make it look like artificial grass, seriously. other then that the bugs like every course suck but they have been spraying the course and last summer the bugs did not pose an issue.
Other Thoughts: this course has had a face lift and looks and plays great. the course is really clean. Just be prepared to be asked for a cigarette from one of the local residents. A lot of am players struggle on this course because you need to have a consistent accurate throw and then be able to throw so bombs. ( 4,7,9,10,13) over all I would say come play the course. It is private and I know for a fact if you are caught messing around you will be kicked out if not have the police called on you. serious golfers only
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: Taking care of cleaned out weekly! hole 1 has pond to the left looks amazing til you go in the water. Care center in front takes care of this private course. Any one can play just pick up after your self! Have the course to your self most days.
Cons: Water will eat your disc. one tree fell down but they are in the works of taking it down. care center has disabled they take care of they wonder on the course sometimes but not a big deal.
Other Thoughts: Not many people know about kinda hidden so many courses in the area a lot of people look over it.
1 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.