Hiram, OH

One Word...Wow

2-4    5/14/2018   5/14/2018
Review By: VDragich44
This review was updated on 6/27/2018
Pros: has a few holes that would be a good part of another course
never packed
lots of parking
Cons: missing hole 8, basket was crushed by a bulldozer
natural tee pads, some of which have thorns within 2 ft of them
outfield wall has taken over where hole 7's tee was
lots of fallen trees and thorns
Other Thoughts: Could of been a nice location for a 9 hole course, not worth playing at all

Hiram needs HELP!

1    6/11/2016   6/20/2016
Review By: danhyzer
This review was updated on 7/19/2016
Pros: The terrain for this course is what most college novice players would enjoy, mostly open sprinkled in with a few hills.

I'd welcome hole # 3 to any course I would ever design or play, and over time there will be holes broken in the thick madness of shrubbery to the left side of the basket. The fairway starts a top the hill, then it slopes downward to a narrower fairway, only then to dogleg left to which the basket sit at the side of the sloping hill.

DGA Mach 5 baskets

I liked the college humor of the nick names of the holes. # 7 "the penetration hole" is apply named!! I was laughing my arse off so hard it made me forget the WORST hole I ever played, until I wrote this review, lol still!
Cons: Most tee signs we're adjacent to the previous basket. So this course ever gets played by more than one group at a time, the player on the tee better beware of the possibility of getting struck by a disc!!

Only one hole really went into the woods and that was hole # 7, "the penetration" hole (that's what the t sign said, lol), That hole was sooooo tight that........... .

Crossing fairways on not one, but 2 different holes (# 1 and #2 and # 5 and # 6)

# 5 has to be one of the WORST designed holes I've ever played if not the WORST!!. The hole's nickname was rightly named "In the BUSH". But to find the basket one has to almost throw their disc through the bushes that surround the basket. I'm glad whomever designed this course didn't design my kitchen, because when I want a beer I know all I have to do is open the fridge. There wasn't a shot that one could of took without going into a surrounding bushes that had swallowed the basket.

Most of the course, one can find by downloading a map and play, Except for # 5, you'll have to search for the basket in the bushes if it's your first time playing there.

The rules of the game is posted on a beautiful pine tree adjacent to the track field within a locked fence from a distance that even an Eagle couldn't read from where the fence separated the player from the rule sign.

Basket # 8 was mangled so badly, that it wasn't even in the ground anymore. I called the college last week to notify them of the basket hopefully they took the necessary steps to rectify their problem with the basket.

One cement tee, # 2. I'm thinking that the cement was there before the course and I hope this wasn't the only reason why the designer (S) chose to put hole # 2 where it is. And this hole is very dangerous, as someone could be teeing off on # 3 and get struck by a shot that comes up a steep hill. Because the # 3 tee pad is blind to # 2's tee pad.

tee signs didn't show any direction of how the hole was laid out, just the distances.
Other Thoughts: The course itself is basically open with a few strategically placed baskets. I peeked inside the woods canopy @ hole # 4 basket and if those woods are any part of the Hiram college's property, then it's a shame that the course was designed like it was, as there's ample room in the woods to make the course college friendly and challenging at the same time for the advanced players.

Be care full when teeing off!!

I would NOT play this course in the current set up, unless your a bagger like me or you went to school here or you lived nearby and had no wheels to go elsewhere..