Tifton, GA
Fulwood Park Share
Uploaded By: ShaggyMatt Hole #7 (Taken 6/2016)

Growing Pains

1    7/4/2017   8/31/2017
Review By: wellsbranch250
Pros: (2.241 Rating) This is the kind of course that produces new disc golf addicts.
- SKILL LEVEL FRIENDLY - Fulwood Park is geared to rec and intermediate players, whom make up a majority of the disc golf course usage and player population. A shorter layout than many courses at 4,652 feet. Several ace runs opportunities. Spacious fairways with light definition. A few water hazards but with manageable risks. A few skill shots and shot shaping opportunities. I think newer players will love this course.
- ACEABILITY - Man oh man, a bunch of 200 footers that will have you eyeing the basket.
- TEES FRONT NINE - Very nice sized concrete tee pads on (1-9). More than you'll need for this short layout.
- FORGIVENESS - Not necessarily the most open course out there but bad shots are generally not further punished. There is water in play on a couple holes but the creek is fairly shallow and seemed easy pull a disc out with a stick. I in fact pulled this feat off on (18). circle 3.
- CHAINS - The baskets all still look brand new and have solid chains.
- QUICK PLAY - Despite some navigational issues, (see cons) it took me about an hour solo first time thru. Figure a group of 4 first time threw will run two hours for skilled players.
Cons: Growing pains
- BACK NINE TEES - All natural and hard to find. My guess is that within a year or so they'll be concrete like the front nine.
- NAVIGATION - I had downloaded the course map just before arriving. The front 9 was really easy to traverse. Hole (5) is the only issue with having basket (7) in plain sight straight ahead. The basket for (5) is blind and to the left. As for the back nine, it's a work in progress. I found 7 of the 9 tees and played the other two according to my map. The back nine had been marked off only a few weeks prior to my visit and was just a piece of drawn string to form the tee pad location. I'll also mention that the transition from (17) and (18) is a layout oddity as the holes are almost parallel and yet both play West to East.
- MULTI USE HAZARDS - Other park amenities come into play several times. Walking paths and roads wind thru the layout. Several shots will parallel these features and thus waiting a time or two will seem inevitable. On (11), two cars were parked 20 feet behind the basket so I babied my drive to the basket.
- CHARACTER - Not too much yet in the way of course extras or comfort items. No seating at the tees yet. Hole signage is diagrammatic on the front none. No multi tees or baskets. I also didn't see a practice basket or course map. Maybe I missed them with my quick jump to (1). There are however several shelters and tables in the park, great for end of round festivities.
- ELEVATION - Really none to speak of. I know that this is typically for this part of Georgia, but it is even below average for the region. Not one hole has more than 10 feet of elevation change.
- UNIQUENESS - Below average. In addition to no elevation, there are no true dog legs, no par 5s, no well defined tunnel shots, pocket shots are also not well defined and guarding is weak on many holes. There is one listed par 4 (5), but many advanced players will reach it in one. There's isn't really any good opportunities to air one out. However some pluses include several water plays and a few moderate benders. (5, 13 and 15)
- LACK OF CHALLENGE - Intermediate players will have no problem breaking par and should be able to bird all the holes after a dozen or so rounds. Advanced players and higher will be untested. They should be able to post a round of 39 or better from time to time.
- SPACING - The holes around (12-15) are squeezed really tight together and the fairways are lightly defined. Discs will likely find their way onto other fairways in this area. In addition there are a few other hole combos that share lightly defined fairway edges.
Other Thoughts: As soon as I threw my first drive, someone ran up over to me and invited me to their league, which is a nice first impression I must say. I really did enjoy my time here. Nothing exotic, but a fun round on a developing course. I'd give it a 2.25 rating if I could. Please let me know when this course upgrades to full concrete pads and I'll up the course rating to a 2.5.
- NATURAL BEAUTY - Neither a con or pro as I scored the beauty right in the middle. Fulwood Park has nice parts to it, including a cannon! A very good diversity in tree species. A few shots also bring a creek element into play. On the flipside, manmade features are in view during the entire round. Paved roads, paths, park buildings and parking lots are in view and in play.

5+    4/28/2017   5/27/2017
Review By: drew2000
Pros: Nice little pitch and putt for experienced players, or a good course to teach a beginner how to play and shape simple shots without too much tree frustration.

The designers did a good job of putting this course in the size park that it is in and none of the holes really feel like they're just forced into a loction
Cons: Just a little short to be a great course.

Back 9 has no sinage or tee pads so unless you are with someone that knows the layout or you know the layout of where the tee pads are, it is impossible to play the back 9.
Other Thoughts: It's a decent course, but don't come here expecting a good challenge. I shot 14 down here one time as an 882 rated player.

An early impression

1    8/31/2016   8/31/2016
Review By: dutch_22
Pros: This is a nice city based park with what appears as azalea bushes/hedges throughout. It has concrete tee pads on each hole. The chainstar baskets are new and we'll secured. There are restroom facilities throughout the park as well. The 9 holes are well designed for the limited available space. Holes 9 is awesome!
Cons: As with many new parks, this one needs signage. The tee markers are simple with hole numbers only. Holes shape and distance is needed. Being new, I had some difficulty following the flow. A simple immediate fix would be to put all weather colored tape on the basket metal in the direction of the next tee pad. The basket collars appear to be low on several of the baskets. Many appeared too low. Holes 5 is confusing. The pad lines up to basket 7. I am assuming that there needs to be better defined course mando's to make it a true par 4.
Other Thoughts: This is a fun, short course. The Pines are the major objects here. If you can find your line through the trees you will find several birdies. I imagine over time there will be better signs, hole-to-hole markings, benches, etc. It is hard to envision 9 additional holes in this small park.

First Review

5+    6/28/2016   6/29/2016
Review By: ShaggyMatt
Other Thoughts: Co-Designer here... Just wanting to get things started on the right foot. This course will improve to 18 holes soon, and will be a great course for the new player while offering challenges for the more experienced golfer! Have fun and GROW THE SPORT!