2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Truely a unique experience in the Tampa Bay Area.
- One the best things about this course is the elevation. There really isn't much of it at all in the Tampa Bay Area or the state of Florida for that matter. It was nice to be able to shoot a shot that played 40 feet down for a change. There are 4 holes that the advanced/Pro tee off from the upper deck concourse to the field of play. 1, 3, 4, and 5. Hole 4 and 5 being the longest at around the 450 foot range.
- The course plays moderately in length from the adv/pro tees. Several holes were over 400 feet and one was a left bender measuring over 500 ft. there are also tees for intermediate and rec which was great to bring a buddy along who hasn't played at all or had only played a few times. unfortunately the intermediate and rec tees did not have any tee shots from the upper deck.
- Another great thing about the course was the access to a Bar! the course was 21 and over and you could legally have a drink during your round. how many courses can say that. there was also music provided and other games going on. (corn-hole and giant Jenga) which was nice to par-take in after the round.
Cons: - There were a few cons that come naturally from playing within a built environment.
- The holes are packed pretty tight. In my one time playing I saw some pretty close calls in regards to players almost getting nailed. In addition, there were some people near the bar area launching drives toward the baskets on the field while groups were walking up to the baskets.
- The baskets themselves were widely mixed in style. Although this is normal for temporary course, it was dissatisfying at times to shoot at less than ideal targets.
- Also with being a temp course there some missing course character items that you'd normally see at a permanent establishment, such as no benches, shaded tees, practice area or hole signage. the hosts did provide a map and scorecard which was nice for navigation.
- I feel that the layout was less than ideal (note there may be some unforeseen reason to my point of view) The course should be altered to start on 6. The first 5 holes play inside the stadium and has great lighting, while the outside has it more sparsely distributed. considering that night hits halfway threw the event, it would be nice to be done with the darker holes first.
Other Thoughts: - A hard course to rate, as it's quite unique. I felt it was worth my $10 to play Advanced and ill probably be back another Wednesday.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.