Six Similar Shots
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: (0.500 Rating) Only worthwhile for elementary students.
- QUICK PLAY - A baggers dream, A single could easily complete all six holes in under 10 minutes. Groups of four probably would finish in under 20 minutes. The kids could knock this one out while on recess.
- NAVIGATION - No map, first time and solo, yet so simple to navigate. An open layout with all tee signs visible. Unfortunately you'll have to still spend two minutes finding the (1) sign. The number on the sign is only readable at a close distance.
- FORGIVENESS - The odds of losing a disc due to an errant shot is near impossible. you'd have to forget to pick up to lose one here.
- GROW THE SPORT - No doubt will this course aid in growing the sport by offering easy access to learn the game at a school course.
- ACEABILITY - All of the holes are highly aceable putter runs to skilled players. But, acing out here just won't feel the same to these players. Course provides a great opportunity for a junior to get an ace
- FAMILTY FRIENDLY - A nice playground right next to the park, so younger kids will have multiple things to do here.
Cons: Lions Field has only the most basic elements of the game.
- UNIQUENESS - They really don't get much more bland than this one. All shots between 150 and 165 feet, No trees or obstacles in play. Water and Elevation elements are also not to be found.
- BASKET AND TEE SEPARATION - Next tee's are usually within 30 feet of the prior basket. Considering there's only 6 baskets, this would limit effective usage down to 3 groups at one time.
- TEE AREA - All natural and without a defined line. As for tee shading, no as well.
- CHARACTER - In addition to sub standard tees - all the other extras are pretty much non-existent. There are tee signs showing hole number, distance, simple map and direction of next tee. The baskets are adequate, Mach 2's I believe.
- DIFFICULTY - Rec players should have no problem breaking par. I personally threw six birds and still came away unsatisfied.
- NATURAL BEAUTY - Nothing remotely exotic or naturally beautiful about this site. Lions Field does however appear to be well maintained and was free of any trash during my visit.
Other Thoughts: I decided to bag one more course out before heading to Rozar Park DGC. Despite the lower rating, the course can still be serviced by beginners and pre teen players. For out of towners however, there's no reason to check this course out unless you're a bagger like me.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.