Chesapeake, VA
Deep Creek Elementary School Share
Uploaded By: jophus21 Hole #9 (Taken 2/2018)

Pitch and a Putt

1    11/29/2019   12/2/2019
Review By: lee76007
Pros: -Very short course that gives an excellent opportunity to work on your short game.
-I now have a course I can bring my 5-year old Grandson too.
-Signs on each hole with distance, except for one that was missing.
-Huge course map as you enter the property.
-Its on an Elementary School playground, and the city takes good care of the grounds.
Cons: -Don't expect a challenge here, just remember your here to work on your short game or perhaps your a short range thrower or learning the game.
-Not able to use the course during school hours.
Other Thoughts: Its too far away for me to work on my short game here, but the 3-18 hole courses I rotate on take care of that with practice baskets. The only way I'll be returning here is if I'm able to bring my grandson. I did like No. 4. I throw right to left in the open fields, on this hole that took me over the playground equipment, not sure if that will ever happen else where. In the background is a Little League Baseball Stadium with all the bells and whistles. Perhaps I can bring my grandson here next spring when a game is gong on, and we can toss disks into the baskets as well.

Kids course, not for a serious disc golfer

2-4    2/15/2018   2/15/2018
Review By: jophus21
Pros: -Excellent signage except for hole 3 which was missing its sign and hole 1 and 2 which had been moved closer so as to not endanger the kids on the adjacent playground.
-Awesome baskets for such a small course! They had brand new disc catcher baskets from Innova on every hole. One was a little short, but other than that, they were great.
-Great course to take your kid to. There's a playground right there if they get bored.
-Pretty good design for the space that they had, even though 6 holes were pretty much wide open 150 foot shots, there were some creative uses of mandos and trees to shape a couple of the shots off the tee.
-Plenty of parking on site, and the course id right off the highway, so finding it was no problem.

Cons: -Some drainage issues on holes 2-4 with soggy ground around the tees and baskets, and some large puddles of standing water to avoid.
-no permanent tees, just throw next to the sign.
-no sign on hole 3 and hole 7's basket was about a foot low.
-kids on the playground until about 4:15, even though the course says its open at 3:30, I couldn't play the first three holes until after the kids left.
Other Thoughts: THIS IS A KIDS COURSE!!! I reviewed it as such! Don't expect to come here as an adult and have a challenge. I was able to routinely birdie 7 out of the 9 holes, and once I figured the other two out, I birdied them too. I would say the holes are more like a par 2 for any experienced player. It's a great place to bring a little kid and let them get some play time on a course where they can shoot par or better. My 5 year old would pretty much par every hole.