5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: (0.561 Rating) The Boys & Girls Club course is a beginner's course for kids and their big brother or big sister.
- NATURAL BEAUTY - For courses I've rated this low, the beauty for this course is very much above average. It's almost an entirely wooded with several live oaks. The trees also add the element of some minor shot shaping potential depending on where you decide to tee from. (See cons, Tee Area)
- ACEABILITY - If played basket to basket, the holes will all be highly aceable. This place will provide opportunities for a junior to get an ace.
- QUICK PLAY - A baggers dream, A single could easily complete all 6 in under 10 minutes. Groups of 4 should probably finish in less than 20 minutes.
- FORGIVENESS - The odds of losing a disc due to an errant shot is near impossible unless you leave one behind on accident.
- MAINTENANCE - The grounds appear to be kept up well. I don't recall seeing any trash on my visit.
- CHAINS - They are in great condition.
- GROW THE SPORT - No doubt will these baskets introduce the game to new players.
- FAMILTY FRIENDLY - Lots of other things to do here in addition to the disc golf course.
Cons: The Boys & Girls Course is limited in its reach
- TEES AREA - No tees or markings, so it's improvisation only. Note, the baskets are about 150 to 250 feet apart if you play basket to basket.
- UNDEFINED CHALLENGE - Without a defined layout to follow, rating the challenge of this course is limited. For this review I rated the challenge by going basket to basket clockwise. I started with throwing at the northwest basket from the southwest basket. In this type of layout, even a rec player should be able to break par if played as all 3s. Advanced players would be unsatisfied throwing anything other than all birds. There are obviously numerous ways to throw a round here, but every course could say the same thing. Safari possibilities don't affect how I rate a course.
- 6 BASKETS - Having this few of baskets definitely hurts the rating for this course. A few may argue that it's not even a course, although I'd disagree.
- CHARACTER - No amenities or course comfort items.
- UNIQUENESS - Occupying such a small footprint, the boys and girls club course is one of the least unique courses I've played. All holes are short with a moderate amount of trees. Only one shot in my clockwise layout forced me to throw a sweeping shot. The rest were putter runs.
Other Thoughts: The Boys and Girls Club is perfect for its intended purpose but that's it. A group of friends from outside the area should never consider playing this course unless it's a group of baggers all looking to add one more course to their totals.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
For The Children (Or Extreme Baggers)
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Six baskets on a small lot with plenty of shady trees.
Cons: No signage or tees at all. Six baskets crammed into a very small area. The kids that play it regularly probably have a layout, Baggers will have to play it safari style.
Other Thoughts: This is a course put in for children to play and for that, it deserves at least a small amount of respect.
*Note for Extreme Baggers: The course isn't marked as private and there are no "no trespassing" signs here. The place was empty on an early Saturday morning and the gate was unlocked. This course is probably unplayable when children are present unless you bring your own kids maybe?
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.