2 Helpful / 0 Not
Scalloping DG Adventure
Pros: - only a year old
- baskets are nice
- beginner friendly (no baskets over 200 ft.)
- very nice park
- tees are easy to find
- clean restroom right on the course
Cons: - bring some bug spray, you'll regret it if you don't
- lots of downed trees and roughage at the moment
- gotta be carefull with other people in the park when throwing
- could use a little trimming up of some of the roughage
Other Thoughts: Overall a fun place to play at. My family and friends went there for their first rounds of DG and we all had a blast (even though it was raining). I do not think this is worth driving out of the way to play on but if you are on vacation in Cedar Key I highly recommend going.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Wasting away in Cedar Key
4 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: (1.393 Rating) An short and slightly technical, beginner friendly course.
- NATURAL BEAUTY - Far and away the best aspect of this course, is its beauty. Lots of views of the inter-coastal waters, the vegetation is vibrant and lush, and there is wildlife buzzing all around. In addition, the place just feels like a relaxing getaway. If Jimmy Buffet played disc golf, this would be his course.
- NAVIGATION - I was really surprised when I came here that every hole had hole signage and that there was a course map. The course was an absolute breeze to run thru.
- WATER + TOILET + SHELTER - Yep, all 3 are easily found along the layout.
- FORGIVENESS - The odds of losing a disc due to an errant shot is low with a one exception. In the event that a beginner grip locks one right on 5 and into the marshy tidal area, then yes, it's possible.
- QUICK PLAY - A single could easily complete a full 8 in under 20 minutes. Groups of 4 probably should finish in 45 minutes.
- BEGINNER FRIENDLY - I believe this would be a great beginners and Juniors course. Not really too much of a chance to drop one in the water even though you'll see it. Plus, it's a short layout.
- ACEABILITY - All the holes are highly aceable. If you catch the right line thru a few obstacles, it's very likely you'll hear some chains every couple of rounds here.
- CHAINS - The baskets are in great shape.
Cons: Way too far out of way and too short for most players liking's.
- UNIQUENESS - The holes themselves in terms variety is pretty bleak. All of the shots are short and straight and vary from 90 to 175 feet. One or two shots sort of pocket, but really the whole course just needs a putter for most players. There is no elevation in the shots and water really doesn't come into play either. But if you like putter ace runs, you might enjoy it.
- CHARACTER - As I mentioned above under the pros (water, toilets, signage) however those items dont complete a course as there is still a bunch missing compared to an average course. For one thing, only 8 holes. My OCD can't handle 8 holes. The tees are played by improvisation adjacent to the tee sign. There's no practice basket and the start of the course is not adjacent to the parking.
- SPACING - Below average. If the course were full, there would be a several tees that could be reached by an errant throw because of no tree protection. A few fairways also feel partially shared.
- DIFFICULTY - Too short and not a challenge to most skill levels. Advanced players should have no problem being well under and should be able to shoot all birds from time to time.
- CEMETARY - With the name of the course you might guess that there's a nearby graveyard, and you'd be right. I personally don't have an issue with this but some people might. The course its self is fully separated from the graveyard, but they are adjacent and you have to pass thru the graveyard to get to the course.
- LOCATION - Course is a trek to get to from the interstate highway system. A good hour from I75 and its tucked way into the Cedar Key community. GPS is a must to find this course.
Other Thoughts: A beginners and junior players course. This one will be a hard one to check off for the list for baggers as its way out of the way. If your only looking for the best courses in this part of Florida, this isn't it.
4 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.