Las Vegas, NV
Peccole Ranch Share
Uploaded By: Discette Hole #3 (Taken 6/2013)
Hole #3 Approach

Winner, winner, chicken dinner

1    4/8/2017   4/8/2017
Review By: denny ritner
Pros: The park is a very pretty, green oasis in the desert with lots of cool trees. Some of the holes provide good, unique challenges. This would be a great place to practice short drives and upshot when not crowded.
Cons: This course easily surpasses Aquatic Park in Berkeley as the most dangerous that I have ever played. (Possibly world's most dangerous.)

Every single hole is dangerous to pedestrians, bikers, dogs, and/or apartment buildings. Many of the holes overlap other holes. The tee pads were not textured and are EXTREMELY slippery.
There are a couple places where golfers can get lost.

This course should NEVER, EVER been installed. It's sadly inevitable that someone is going to get hurt and the course will eventually be pulled.

Other Thoughts: The only honest suggestion I could make that could help this installation would be if the baskets were removed and replaced with mini-baskets, making it a mini-only course. This is a serious suggestion, to be clear.

D+ Grade = Dud

1    5/7/2008   4/19/2009
This review was updated on 4/20/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- D+
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- D
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- D+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- D+
Other Thoughts: I ranked this course subjectively based on my own personal enjoyment factor...more accurately my "personal addiction factor". Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they chose courses to play and explore.

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I say adds anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.