San Francisco, CA
Gleneagles DGC Share
Uploaded By: Discette Hole #4 (Taken 12/2018)

Very challenging, awful signage

1    7/12/2018   1/26/2019
Review By: ndelnano
Pros: The golf course (and therefore dg course, since they share a lot of space) are very well kept. Many fairways are shared (dg course will use part of golf fairway, or cross it), then the dg fairway often enters a wooded area closer to the basket area.

Some long holes (one is 1100ft), with a nice steady downhill that lets you air it out.
Cons: You NEED a map from the clubhouse. Even then, you'll do lots of guessing where the baskets are when standing on the tees.

When I went, the employees did not know which baskets were at the A or B positions. Since few baskets can be seen from the tees (and are quite long), this made me guess a lot and took the joy out of the round. Before going again, I would call and verify that they know which holes are where.

I went on a hot day in July and wore a tank top. The employee in the clubhouse made me purchase a T shirt to play due to their dress code. This pissed me off!
Other Thoughts: Course shares land with a golf course, and many fairways cross or are alongside each other. Be prepared to be on alert to golfers most of the round. I felt I was always looking over my shoulder.