7 Helpful / 0 Not
Great Addition to PNWDG
Pros: Many technical shots
A few very nice ace runs
Well thought out shots for the space available
Good variety of throws on most holes (see cons)
Cons: -The layout in areas gets a little congested, so if a few groups are playing there is some danger in throwing at folks on the other greens
-Some holes on the back 9 get a little repetitive and don't have much as far as distance or obstacles
Other Thoughts: -The elevated Basket on 16 and the shot across the small chasm/rough area on 17 make for -some awesome shots
-Once they add in the tee pads and some signs this will be a very polished course
-Decent parking lot in a beautiful park
-I will update my review after I have played through on permanent pads... I could see giving it a bump once it is a fully finished course
-Overall this course is pretty short... it doesn't quite have some of the distance or elevation shots that Lake Fenwick has, but it appear that it will remain playable year round as the drainage seems good... overall it is a very strong addition to this area as it gives a good option if you don't feel like tackling longer courses or want to have some ace runs
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
9 Helpful / 0 Not
Only been open a few days
Pros: - Free and close to home.
- City fully committed to maintenance and improvement.
- Well marked and easy to navigate.
- Many tempting ace runs, which provide great risk/reward ratio for better players. Hit your line perfectly and 80% of the baskets are ace worthy, miss by a thin margin and you might struggle for par.
- Ample parking with multiple access points allows custom play, based on how much time you have to play.
- RH/LH equally represented.
- Novice and kid friendly (see cons)
- Drains great, few puddles.
Cons: - Incredibly short, no par 4's only one long par 3.
Other Thoughts: This is a great Rec course, which will get better with seasoning. Anyone can shoot near par with conservative play. Challenging enough to promote constant improvement for those learning to throw. Quiet times provide endless safari opportunities.
9 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.