Port Charlotte, FL
Murdock Baptist Church DGC Share
Uploaded By: wellsbranch250   (Taken 6/2017)

Parked It.

1    6/21/2017   8/2/2017
Review By: wellsbranch250
Pros: (0.212 Rating) This course is very limited and should only be sought out by course baggers and church goers.
- FORGIVENESS - The odds of losing a disc due to an errant shot is near impossible unless you leave one behind on accident.
- MAINTENANCE - The grounds appear to be constantly mowed, trimmed and manicured. I don't recall seeing any trash on my visit.
- CHAINS - They are in great condition.
- GROW THE SPORT - No doubt will these baskets introduce the game to new players.
- FINISH AT PARKING - "You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave." (Eagles)
Cons: Oh where to begin...
- CHARACTER - There is none, just baskets in a parking lot.
- TEES AREA - There aren't any, so it's improvisation only. Note, the baskets are about 200 feet apart if you play basket to basket.
- UNDEFINED CHALLENGE - Without a layout to follow, rating the challenge of this course is impossible. Safari style is your only option, so make it as tough or easy as you please.
- # OF BASKETS - Only 5 baskets.
- RAW BEAUTY - Sure there are potted plants and flower gardens, but when I refer to raw beauty, I refer to things like tree vibrancy and diversity, natural earth features, water features and backdrop views. Murdock Baptist Church has none of these items and it plays in a parking lot. The course very much scores on the low end of my rating scale for beauty.
- WIND - Due to the lack of trees, wind will likely be an issue as well.
Other Thoughts: I figured I'd check out this course cause as I enjoy playing the full spectrum of courses. It's funny to note that the 3 DGCR members that have played this course, they have all played over 100 courses. In all however, its borderline whether this is a course or practice area. I'd consider bumping the course up to a 0.5 rating with a defined layout.

Kids And Course Baggers Only

1    5/22/2017   5/22/2017
Review By: thrembo
This review was updated on 7/4/2017
Pros: 5 baskets in the ground. That's about it.

I would argue that we need more courses like this, for the children of course. #reallygrowthesport.
Cons: No marked tees. I'm sure that the children who play this course regularly have a layout. Baggers will have to play it safari style.
Other Thoughts: This is a private course designed for children, so it's open and easy. Can be bagged very quickly if passing through. I recently talked to the Pastor who has been playing disc golf for a long time himself and he said to go ahead and play it, but if he sees anyone throwing, he might join them! (my kind of church!)