Morristown, TN
Panther Creek State Park Share
Uploaded By: Cerealman Hole #4 (Taken 8/2017)
Hole #4 Mid-Fairway

Hard does not equal good

1    5/17/2020   5/22/2020
Review By: pnasalberta
Pros: Long wooded holes and long open holes and some that are a mix of both.
Cons: Drastic elevation change. There were multiple holes where the elevation made the course impossible to play for an average person. I understand that there needs to be more to a course than flat shots but some of the holes are too up hill for it to be even slightly fun. There are multiple trees in the middle of the fairway that should be cut down to make the hole more fair. I am not suggesting that every course be a wide open flat grip and rip style course but this course is something else. If you like 700 ft holes with 10 ft fairways that are up hill at a 45 degree angle this is the course for you.
Other Thoughts: I was very disappointed in the course, I usually HB's courses especially the courses in Morristown. This course seems unfinished and honestly I will not be back because of the elevation change. I did not enjoy the round I played there. I was also picking ticks off me for days after playing panther.

Professionally designed - and it shows

1    4/19/2019   4/29/2019
Review By: BogeyNoMore
Pros: Course design that really makes the most of this wonderful piece of property. Seems to be pretty well isolated from other park activities. Didn't get the feeling you'll run into much non-DG traffic on this course.

Variety: Phenomenal - wonderful range of fairway shapes, and distances. Mostly wooded, but enough open shots to keep you from feeling claustrophobic. Several holes start in the woods, and finish in the open, or start in the open to finish in the woods. Several holes allow for a few different lines/strategies off the tee. Many holes are long enough that you're playing to a landing spot to set up your next shot, rather than trying to eat the whole meal in one bite. Kudos for creating holes where the farther you can throw, the more important your shot shaping becomes. Legit Par 4's & 5's.

Elevation:Phenominal - Plenty of it, and nicely utilized in a variety of ways. A key factor in some way on most holes, but there are few where it's not a big deal. Players that aren't fond of all sorts of elevation change should avoid this place.

Challenge: Phenomenal - Championship caliber disc golf that doesn't necessarily leave intermediate players completely overmatched. Wonderfully challenging without feeling absurd. Some of the wooded holes are tight, but they all have quite executable lines... FROM THE TEE! Miss the line on your tee shot and you may want to call an attorney to get you out of jail, but that seems fair to me. The rough can be punishing in a few spots, but each time it happened, I honestly felt like my shot deserved it. Perhaps I lucked out playing in April, but I didn't find the rough to be as punishing as Moraine, Dear Lakes, or Leviathan, for example. But like any championship caliber course, you can easily lose a disc here.

Equipment: Excellent - Concrete tees are level and grippy. Signage is excellent, providing all the basics, with a nice rendering of the hole, so you know how the hole finishes, and where to look if you choose to scout ahead (particularly nice given the distance and elevation some of these holes feature. Nothing screams "Hey! Over here!" like yellow DisCatchers. Entire course was very nicely maintained.

Aesthetics: Excellent - I was quite taken with this course's natural beauty. Except for mountain courses, or those featuring spectacular lake views or winding creeks, this was one of the prettier courses I've had the pleasure to play. It's a scenic hike through wooded hills and some lush fields... with baskets. Wonderful setting to get away from it all.

Navigation/Flow: Excellent - As a 1st timer, getting from hole to hole felt pretty intuitive, and was able to navigate with very few issues. Flows nicely from basket to next tee for the most part. Tee markers are easy to spot from a distance, so if you're not sure where to go next, just look around for a tee marker.

Memorable Holes: Excellent - I really like holes that start out open and play to a basket in the wood, so I think #1's a great starting hole. Love the way #'s 4 & 13 take you through the woods, and finish with a nice downhill shot to an open basket. #11's a long R to L sweeping uphill that can be demoralizing, or exhilarating. Panther Creek is laden with quality fairways - I guarantee some will stick with you.

Located a nice State Park with camping on site.
Cons: Give a professional designer a parcel of land like this, and you end up having a tough time finding cons. Only one of my cons is really a ding on the course. The others are more informational for specific categories of players.

Tees aren't what I'd call small, but not quite as spacious as they could be... especially for a gold level course.

A few of the pars seem a bit soft.

Newbs beware - this panther will eat you alive. The discs you leave behind will be the only evidence you were ever here.

That chuckle you hear is the course laughing at your cart. The terrain here isn't for everyone. It's very hilly and rocky many spots, and can be tough on older joints.

Plan on some lengthy forays up fairways to determine where you want to land to set up your next shot. This can be a drag on hilly courses, but they're worth it.

A course this size takes time to play. Make sure you bring plenty of water and maybe some snacks to keep you energized.

Other Thoughts: Make no mistake about it: not only is Panther Creek a course worth visiting, it's worthy of anchoring a DG Road trip. It's simply a wonderful course that any serious player will enjoy and remember.

Just minutes from a variety of restaurants and Wal-Mart (should you need to resupply on a road trip), yet does a great job of feeling away from it all.

Come see if you have what it takes to tame this cat.

Absolutely Epic!

5+    4/5/2019   4/10/2019
Review By: RyanRio1324
Pros: - Great course maintenance
- Bomb drives from the tee pads
- Requires various types of throws and discs
- Professional size and quality course
- Incredible views
- Dog friendly
Cons: - Isolated area
- Wish it had a pro shop
- Can be muddy
Other Thoughts: Excellent course. One of the top courses I've played. Comparable to some of the great courses out West. Beginners will struggle, but moderate and better can use this course to finely tune their skills. Keep up the good work! Hope to see you guys on the tour someday!

The cusp of true greatness

1    7/15/2018   7/19/2018
Review By: blake833
Pros: There's something I've noticed a difference in some of the newer high-caliber courses that I absolutely love: fairways that follow the real flight patterns of a disc. Like, perfectly. Flex and everything. It's one thing to have a dogleg, or an obstacle to get around, but those fairways that you can just pure the whole way down with the right throw. It's truly the best part of the game short of an ace. This is what Panther Creek can deliver. IF you can execute!

This course is challenging, but soooooo rewarding. The best part of a championship course is when you nail a drive, maybe a couple on a long hole, and see the birdie in front of you- just 50-60ft away.

The elevation on this course is pretty wonderfully used. There are some long downhills (#4 might be in my top 10 holes just because of the huge anny I landed right on the green from the top of the hill). The uphills can be incredibly steep (#5 was probably one of my least favorite holes of the course).
Cons: The rough. Is. ROUGH. I lost three discs in the waist-to-chest high grass. After looking for over 45 minutes. I don't mind being punished for throwing off the fairway, but I don't like losing my disc for it (unless it's water, then I understand and chose to take that risk)

Thee pads are little small, but that's already been addressed in other reviews.

But here's the real hold back of this course: The luck factor. On many of the holes, there's just a few too many trees to complete the clean line to the basket. You can throw a pure drive 300ft only to dink off a tree on the line the rest of the fairway ushered you towards. It would be different if it was a small gap, or a cluster that forces you to choose right or left, but a full army of guardian trees on a course like this adds strokes to an already high-par round.
Other Thoughts: Panther Creek could be one of the country's top courses with a tad more maintenance and a few trees cut. There was so much land cleared for this course, that an obvious investment has been made. I can't wait to see it on the National Tour, or whatever that's turned into nowadays. It's just a matter of time until we see this course on Jomez or CCDG. I can't wait for that!

Panther Creek doesn't let up! Come prepared to sock it out in a tough, grueling, hit for hit round. I would love to play it again in winter when there's less greenery, and the grass is shorter. Until then, totally worth a trip!

Epic Disc Golf

1    4/21/2018   7/13/2018
Review By: wellsbranch250
Pros: (4.155 Rating) Championship style course with intense elevation changes. Beginners thru novice level players are advised to stay clear.
- UNIQUENESS - I'm a big fan of monster courses that require course management and test all aspects of my game. Panther creeks delivers these aspects better than just about every course I've ever played to date (289 courses played as of this review.) A par 71 with numerous shot planning par 4s and par 5s. Sign me up. Hole (9) is an awesome downhill bomb-it without worry par 4 that looks out over a section of the park. There is only a few things more exhilarating than bombing 400 foot drives for a player that typically throws in the 325 foot range. Hole (4s) high left twisting lane threw the trees is as clear a day, but can you hit it. A standard FH or BH throw just won't cut it on this hole. Several holes dogleg in both directions. Insane up and down plays, see the pro for elevation below. The only missing element on this course is water. Also, the last five holes and especially Hole (18) are an uninspiring way to finish a layout.
- ELEVATION - Epic, the most elevation I've ever played in a course. From analyzing the topography map, it appears that holes (5) and (11) both just eclipse the 100 foot mark. Both are uphill and throwing from this fairway slope will play much different than flat terrain. Several downhill plays between 40 and 80 feet down but unfortunately no true top of the world plays. Hole (9) is close to this notice, but the grade change on this hole isn't enough to qualify in my book.
- CHALLENGING - A very demanding course that will have advanced players coming back for more. Currently I'd place this course in my top ten most difficult but a ways back from courses like Roy G in Austin or Jack McLean in Tallahassee. I see intermediates averaging 5 or 6 over here and 960 advanced players average par. Players that are balanced between power and accuracy will win the battles against players that are one trick ponies.
- RAW BEAUTY - Words like awe-inspiring, breathtaking and majestically terrifying seem appropriate. currently in my personal Top Ten, along with courses I've played named, Lake Claiborne, Rollin Ridge, New World, Inverness, Mahr Park and Harmon Hills. Hole (1) starts off pretty bland, but once I entered the woods it was golden for like a dozen straight holes. Hole (11) is has herculean beauty to it. Rock face after rock face on a 30 degree slope (that's the incline of typical stairs).
- CHARACTER - Above average but one of the weaker links on this course. Concrete tees, but probably too small for the intended audience, see cons Tees. There is a nice pregame area complete with benches, course map, community board and practice basket. The baskets are DISCatches are can be seen very well in these thick woods compared to other baskets choices. There are restrooms and shelters in the park, although unfortunately not very close to tee (1). I saw discs at the main park office building but it was closed.....on a Saturday?!? Missing items include multi tees and alternate basket locations. The course also needs a lot more seating, see cons, Seating.
- PICNIC TABLE ON TOP - There is only one pit stop area on the entire course. There's a picnic table located at the course's highpoint between tees (6) and (12). No doubt the best location if they only had one picnic table to use.
- NAVIGATION - Pretty good for a younger course and I only looked at my picture of the map once which was after hole (13). A bunch of laminated letter sized navigational cues between holes and also intuitive paths as well. Hole signage show next tee direction and the course map is just detailed enough to get a general sense of where a player is.

Cons: I love epic courses, but Panther Creek will have to deliver more than just that aspect to go higher in my personal favoritism and in my rankings.
- TERRAIN - Players that have bad knees or ankles need to stay clear of this course. There are tons of rocks and roots to stub a toe or twist an ankle on. It is not logical to bring a disc golf cart here. A player that does will regret it. The course is also very energy draining. I don't advise playing Harmon Hills and Sugar Hollow the same day like I did before coming here.
- SEATING - One picnic table on the entire layout, a combo use for tee (6) and (12). Considering that the Zuca will need to stay in the car for this one, players will constantly find themselves looking for rocks to take a break at. It's not acceptable for this course to have been in the ground this long and be this elevated and not have more seating.
- SIGNAGE - Better than average, but for a newer championship style course, the course map and hole signage are disappointing. The signs at first glance look detailed, but it's just textured shapes. They are ineffective in aiding to plan a line. First time players will often have to choose between running up fairways to check for baskets or throwing blind and saving energy on what is likely a very elevated walk. I do realize that's it's difficult to produce signage for moderate and heavily wooded courses but I've seen it done much better before.
- TEES - 5 foot by 12 foot concrete pads would be more than adequate for 90 percent of the courses out there. However, for this to be a championship style course they need to be larger. In addition, the tees need some serious reinforcement along the sides. Several holes have the base of the slab exposed due to erosion. Tee (11) has already cracked in two. Without re-shoring the sides, I could see 3 or 4 more tees cracked by the end of the year.
- FORGIVENESS - A couple lines appear bordering on the line of unfairness, namely (6) see cons below. Regardless, of the line to the basket, missing the chosen line and resulting ricochet can have disastrous consequences. On my drive on (10) I sliced into an impenetrable overgrowth area on the right. Not a good place to be and I lost my disc. This is just one example of numerous places not to throw a disc. In addition, due to the rocky slope terrain, death rolls and damage to plastic is very likely going to occur.
- BEGINNER FRIENDLY - Way too difficult for beginners and perhaps some recreational players as well. If you haven't played over a hundred rounds of disc golf, this course will eat you alive. A saw a family playing out here and I felt impelled to tell them that this is not the course to bring a 5 year old to play. I held off. There is only one set of tees and they seem about upper middle advanced skill aligned.
- HOLE 6 - As I was climbing the 100 foot uphill hole (5), I kept thinking to myself that I was now going to get a signature downhill play where I could observe a 400 to 500 run to the basket 100 feet below. Standing on tee (6) was a major disappointment. A 400 foot poke and hope blind 90 degree bending par 3. The lane in the beginning of the tee shot is well defined, it just narrows and narrows and then dissolves into no lane about 250 feet down fairway.
- NO EPIC DOWNHILL PAR 3 - There are six par 3s. Three of them are downhill. None of these 3 baskets can be seen from the tee. This was a surprising omission as every other extreme course I've played always gave me one of these signature looks. I did like the RHFH 'S' line on (12), I just wish that I could been seen my park job from up top.
- TIME PLAY - Panther Creek is going to take a chunk out of your day. This one took me over 90 minutes solo. I could see a group of four seasoned players playing at around 3 1/2 hours.

Other Thoughts: An instant favorite of mine. I could argue with myself that Panther Creek is most extreme course I've ever played. No doubt it's in my top 4 most extreme courses I've ever played along with Inverness, Mahr Park and Austin Ridge Bible Church. There are five main reasons I have two of those three courses rated slightly higher than Panther Creek and it's tees, seating, design, multi tees and water plays, but also a few other minor things as well. Panther does however offer a touch more length and uniqueness with the amount of par 4s and 5s, which was awesome. Despite the epicness of the layout, there will be some that hate this course due to the punishment it can deliver. So be warned beginning players, this course will continue to kick you, even while you are still down.

Crouching Panther, Hidden Rough

1    6/23/2018   6/24/2018
Review By: BrotherDave
Pros: It is a magnificent beast of a course rife with well-designed holes. The use of terrain and elevation is seemingly flawless. The course's property is beautiful and it pales in comparison to the rest of the park. Nice baskets, nice concrete tees, good signs and quite easy to navigate.

If you like variety in all disc golf senses of the word you'll love it here. Open, wooded, mixed, long, short, up, down and lots of legitimate multi-rip par 4/5 holes. It's all woven together to create a fun, challenging course.

I really liked all the holes and would love to play it again and again to try and figure some of them out. I loved the greens on holes like 3 and 11 with its huge boulders. I loved the big downhill rips on holes like 9 and 15. I loved the lack of secret Par 2 nature of the par 3 holes. I liked that you could scramble a bit if you didn't stay on the fairway (unless you lost it in the weedy meadows).

If you aren't a Blue level player or better it's likely going to kick your rear end but you'll still enjoy it b/c the challenge is fair.
Cons: Not much. No water in play so it doesn't technically have everything. A lot of the tees drop off steeply at the back so it's really limiting of big run-ups. It doesn't bother a player of my caliber but I can see the elites being disappointed b/c if they really wanted to attack some of these holes they'd be a bit handicapped.

Some of the holes had some poke and pray element to them. Hole 2 a bit, hole 6 a lot (I threw a FH roller to great success though), and the second part of hole 10. Some of the holes I'm not sure about the par on. Like hole 1 I played good, not great, and comfortably got a birdie 4. On the opposite end of the spectrum hole 8 is extremely difficult to birdie if you don't absolute crush the disc.

The only thing I'd for sure change is reducing the amount of weedy rough on the open holes. For experienced players, that know the course well, it's not a big deal and it looks nice to have landing zones cut out of tall grass/weeds. But for everybody else (beginners, less skilled, first-timers to the course, etc) it seriously deflates the fun balloon. My card mates lost a disc each and we found two discs so it's clearly a disc eating rough of nastiness. I don't think the aesthetics outweigh the punishment for most players. Plus, with really epic terrain and hole design I don't like to have anything discourage players from really going for it. You can't mow a pond but you can definitely bush hog this stuff. We borrow a lot from ball golf but US Open style rough is not something we should.

A few more benches wouldn't hurt. Thank God for that picnic table after hole 5 though.
Other Thoughts: The rough really spoils an otherwise amazing course. I'd like to give this course something between a 4 and 4.5 b/c of it. But since everything else is just so good I gave it a 4.5 anyway. Just bring some non-sentimental discs.

As good a course anywhere, especially if you like rugged, natural courses with thoughtful design. Reminds a lot of a bigger, badder Fox Chase in Albemarle.

Panther Nation

1    6/10/2018   6/15/2018
Review By: DiscGolfCraig
This review was updated on 6/16/2018
Pros: Panther Creek is an absolute beast of a course. It will challenge you physically and mentally. And it's a fantastic feeling.
- Blown away by the sheer magnitude of the course. Everything is bigger here: elevation, length, and wow factor. Your downhill approach shot on #4 is a fantastic view. Your walk right back up the same hill on #5 is cruel
- Yes. The course nails the use of terrain. On #9 - a downhill, 710-foot hole, I was past the hole after 2 shots. #5 is a straight uphill, 520-foot hole. It's not quite 45-degrees uphill, it just feels that way. Between the elevation and the poor footing, I was just getting to the basket with my fourth shot, and every shot was in the fairway.
- Course weaves between heavily wooded and wide-open layouts. Views and ambiance are outstanding. You want to get a sense of this park? Drive down the main park road another five minutes as you go uphill and see the view of the lake from there. Breathtaking.
- Tee signs are excellent. You're relying completely on the tee signs on many holes to be accurate and descriptive. They don't steer you wrong.
- Course is long, and its consistently long. Average hole length is 553 feet. That said none is longer than 750 feet, so don't expect any gimmick distance. That length is well-earned. Four of the first five holes have lengths, in order: 735, 625, 660 and 520 feet. Where are you going to catch a break?
- The fairways are fair. The wooded holes have wide fairways, allowing players to throw drivers. The most daunting fairways were all in a row - #6 - 9 . #6, with its steep drop-off, dogleg left design; #7 being a dogleg right, with a left leaning slope & thick grass on that side. #8 has thick tree coverage on both sides, about the only hole that won't allow you a chance to salvage par if you miss the fairway; #9 has thick rough right and long. I didn't spot my disc until I was right on top of it.
- The course has its own private section of the park. Other than seeing hikers on a walking trail crossing #5 & 4, didn't see any other non-disc golfers. There is a hunting stand, (or worse) behind #6's basket. I had a slight thought of Wrong Turn when checking it out. Deep in the woods, an enclosed stand, nobody around to hear one scream.
- Patience is the biggest virtue here, follow closely by stamina. You're going to have a wicked bounce or unfortunate roll down a hill. You're going to have a bad hole. The key is how well do you block out the bad thoughts; how well do you put a bad hole in the rear-view mirror. Low scores must be earned. Don't get greedy. Be happy with par. I don't think I nailed a putt longer than 15 feet. That's mainly because I never was in position to make a long putt. I nailed my approach shots to salvage many pars.
Cons: Short answer is none. Course looked and played close to perfect. Long answer is several things are going to be dissected about this layout.
- Some people will not like this layout. It's physically grueling. First course I ever had to pause for a minute after only the fifth hole. (9 courses in 4 states in the previous day and a half may also been a factor). Less fit players are going to struggle keeping up. It's just part of the game.
- Some may complain about the length. I definitely lost some strokes because I don't have a big arm. #5 for example, big arms are going to be at the hole after two throws. #10 & 11 are other holes where those throwing 400 feet plus are probably playing these holes a combined stroke or more better than us 300 - 325 -foot throwers. Again, it's just part of the game.
- My biggest issue is that the course ends with its weakest stretch of holes. #18, a straight, open 365-foot hole, with a couple trees protecting the basket, is one of the simplest holes on the course. #13 is the last great hole. #14 & 15 are perfectly fine open layouts. #16 - 18 are about as straight forward, non-memorable as you get.
- The best holes are all lumped together in the first 11. I'd be interested to play the back nine first to see if I had a different vibe about the layout.
Other Thoughts: Panther Creek is a true disc golf course. Other than some water, it has everything you could ask for in a course.
- The ones who are going to have the biggest issues here most likely don't have the game for this course. It's not beginner or casual friendly. It's not cart-friendly. It's even sadder I had to write that last sentence. Play Kiwanis if you want something easier.
- Length is just part of this character's identity. Most of the holes would still be great it they were shorted by 1/3. #4, 7 & 13 would still have great layouts if they were 150 feet shorter. Going uphill on #5 & 11, or up-n-down (or down-n-up) on #10 & 15 still offer challenges if you're throwing a shorter layout.
- #1 is an excellent opening, multi-shot layout. At least you can be a little wild with your tee shot in the open field. Just make sure you hit your target with the second shot as you approach the trees. This is a pleasing par 4 score to start your round.
- Bring water. Bring sunscreen. Bring bug repellent. Bring an energy snack. Bring shoes with good footing. That's all you need.
- An excellent course. The elite holes are some of the best of the best I've played. The other holes were just a little too simple, too straightforward. This is a solid 4.5 rated course in my book. If we gave quarter point ratings, it's probably getting a 4.75. This is a no doubt must-play course. It's worth the slight detour off I-40 & I-81.

Panther Pride

1    3/31/2018   4/2/2018
Review By: jjtwinnova
Pros: Wow. This course is awesome.

A newer course in the disc golf rich Morristown, Tennessee, this town finally got the championship caliber course it deserved.

Carved into the woods and hills of the beautiful Panther Creek State Park, this course will test every part of your game, including distance and accuracy on almost every hole.

Each hole has a long and grippy concrete tee pad, allowing for a safe run-up needed to get maximum hulk smash potential. Every hole also has a beautiful Innova Discatcher, all shiny and new.

There is a very nice full color tee sign on every hole, including par, distan0ce and a map. This was very helpful for someone who played the course blind, as most holes the basket is not visible from the tee pad.

Navigation is mostly intuitive, and if it wasn't intuitive, there was a navigational sign pointing to the next tee pad. There is also a very kiosk with a course map at the beginning, making getting lost almost impossible. The course does loop back after nine holes.

Course wise, the design here can stand with the best of them. Using the magnificent elevation, and the beautiful foliage to his advantage, the designer created a work of art.

Every hole was crafted with meaning, whether that be a placement drive leading to an approach shot, a distance shot leading to a heavily protected basket. The holes all use elevation in someway, whether it be a downhill bomb such as hole 9, or an uphill battle like hole 5. This diversity makes every hole unique, and creates some true signature holes.

Favorite holes? Hard to choose, but I liked hole 4, a placement drive, only needing about a 250 shot to get to an opening into the grassy field, where you will be throwing a glidey shot that will drift towards the pin. Or maybe hole 15, a downhill crush shot that sets up for a cool approach shot to a guarded green. Two great holes.
Cons: Cons for this course are few and far between.

There are a few areas of the course that can still use clearing out, some trees can be trimmed or cut down, the rough could be cleared out for easier disc retrieval.

Probably the main issue with this course for the time being is the use of only one tee pad and one pin position. This course will chew you up and spit you out, and if you aren't at the top of your game, you will struggle.

Adding to that, the solo pin position means that you will play the same layout every single time, which can get a little boring, and I know there are many other possible great pin positions out on the course.
Other Thoughts: This course is truly top of the line. When planning a trip, I try to pick a single course that is a must hit. This was that course for the trip. Sure, there are some solid courses nearby, Rotary, Cherokee, and Kiwanis, but this is the true gem.

I encourage anybody and everybody to play this course, as it is a true winner. You will not be disappointed. Bring water, and bring your A-game, it's a hell of a ride at Panther Creek State Park.

A legit championship course

1    8/3/2017   1/3/2018
Review By: Treagan82
Pros: This is course has amazingly long lines through old well worn woods. The lines are tough but fair, with a great landscape to play on. Combines the best of all worlds with distance that goes through lines on many shots. Brand new baskets, tee pads and plenty of parking.
Cons: A few of the teepads need reworked. In the summer time the ticks run wild in the tall grass.
Other Thoughts: This place is honestly the most epic disc golf I have ever played.

Mauled by the Panther.

1    8/26/2017   8/27/2017
Review By: Bennybennybenny
This review was updated on 5/28/2019
Pros: -This is a true beast of a course, a course that tournament players love with a passion and a course that new players hate. But that's okay! This course is incredible!

-ELEVATION!!! Man it is insane out here. You will be deceived when you play the first three holes. But then........ you see hole 4. It's a 660' slightly uphill par 4. For the first 250'. The remaining 410' is EXTREME downhill. It's a view alright! It's so downhill that I threw a core (stable midrange) and it SOARED. Went 70' past the basket. But then you see hole 5. It's a 520' par 4. Now, this hole is shorter than #18 at Rotary. But it plays like 880'. You do the math. It's the most uphill I have played. Elevation continues to shock you on the remainder of the course. Avg. elevation change per hole would be about 40'. Yep. Not kidding.

-There are three drink machines. Don't think that you won't need a drink, or maybe five. Another cool thing about this place is how big it is as a park itself. It's like a course was approved and the county picked the hot spots for where the holes can be! Also a family friendly place. There is a family pool with a deep end of 12 ft.

-Long tee-pads and neat tee-signs. There is a practice basket. There are also ample parking spaces.

-This course is a par 71. That's like a traditional "ball-golf" par. The average hole length is 533'. It consists of six par 3's, seven par 4's, and five par 5's. The two hole stretch of holes 10 and 11 may be the most extreme. Hole 10 is a huge uphill dogleg right. It goes really steep uphill for the first 400' and then the remaining 340' is in the woods and back downhill. #11 may be the scariest par 5 you play. Being only 620', you feel like you should easily birdie this hole. But the tee-shot is frightening because of the trees to the left side. It'll take probably three shots to make it up the hill AFTER your tee-shot. As it is WAY up there. This was my first birdie on the course, which felt weird.

-#16 gives an awesome pro route/back door option. The hole doesn't have much of a fairway if you play the safe route, but the hyzer route is quite manageable and not as dangerous since the hole is downhill.

-Has an ending that isn't too risky. An uphill 365' par 3 that is open and onto a wooded green. Bland? I don't think so at all.
Cons: -Hole 6. Here's a response you may here from someone: "HOW dO YOU PLAY THIS HOLE?!?!?!" It's practically impossible to birdie right now. Sorry, but as of now I do not like this hole. I love the extreme downhill! But how do you get to the basket from the pad. This hole has too many trees as of now and some need to go. I also think #8 should be a par 4. It's 405' but uphill maybe 35' and there are pine trees on both sides of the fairway.

-A few tee-pads are raised. No big deal, as they are long enough.

-Rough in some places. Good news is that I saw a man with a weed eater. I also think that there are too many overhead branches on a few holes. But it's a new course thing. The Morristown courses are maintained so well, so I'll assume this won't be a problem for long.
Other Thoughts: -Am I biased? Yep! I loved this course. I prefer hilly courses rather than a flat course. Panther Creek may just be the hilliest course that I have played yet. It's incredibly fun, and you will leave this place feeling overwhelmed (unless you wanted water hazards). Most of the holes here could be considered signature holes. None of them are easy, although there is plenty of potential to make an eagle. I missed an eagle putt on #17 sadly. But I will eagle that hole one day. And another hole I will eagle is hole 3.

-A lot of people vote #9 as a signature hole. Which is a super fun downhill hyzer bomb. But there are many other holes that could be signature holes. Such as #4. The approach shot is so picturesque to where you can't miss out on taking a photo. I think if some selective logging takes place on #6, it'll be a signature hole too. Holes 11, 12, 15, 16, and 17 could all be signature holes as well. This is why new players want to get better at disc golf; it's because of courses like Panther Creek. It is a true gem of a professional level course. #11 is a massive uphill dogleg left. #12 is a 370' par 3 that is reachable with a putter. #13 is a beautiful par 4 from the woods to the open. #15 is an excellent downhill bomb that ends up in a tough wooded area. #16 is an awesome hole if you play the hyzer route. And #17 is a par 5 that does have room for an eagle. But can result to a big number quickly.

-There is room for alternate pin positions. And there are millions of ideas on where to put them. That's the great thing about these long courses with all the available space.