Bristol, United Kingdom
Ashton Court - Advanced Share
Uploaded By: lathama Hole #13 (Taken 11/2017)

A different beast

1    11/26/2017   12/5/2017
Review By: lathama
Pros: Baskets: All baskets in good working order. The new basket on hole 9 was a good sign that improvements are being made to the course. Maybe in time all the baskets will be updated?

Stunning Views: The course is set in beautiful parkland, with the advanced course going right over to near the deer park. I was lucky enough to see a giant stag with a great set of antlers on my visit.
Cons: Signage: Unlike the easy course, there are no tee markers on this course which can make navigation difficult. At the time of my visit the course was not mapped on Udisc (although I believe this has now been done).
I navigated by just the map which I downloaded from this site before my visit. It doesn't even have hole numbers on it (so I hope I played the holes in the correct order).

Other Thoughts: The Advanced course is a different beast to the easy course. I tried to play both in one visit, virtually back to back. Due to the distances involved on the advanced course I was knackered by the end.

I am really impressed with the new tee pads which have been installed since my last visit, and the new hole 9 is stunning. I hope that one my next visit I can see more improvements

A good stomp

5+    10/6/2017   10/9/2017
Review By: jack@ukultimate.com
Pros: 15 permanent baskets.
This is easily one of my favorite courses of all time - the holes are varied and each is uniquely challenging. There's ascents, descents, wooded holes, and an epic par 5.
Ashton Court is a very scenic location, and the course is generally quite quiet and peaceful.
Also, it's free!
Cons: Many of the tees are hard to find, and the baskets are pretty old and a bit shabby.
The park is primarily a semi natural environment, so there's lots of undergrowth, and even the 'short' grass is quite long.
There are deer in the park, which means there are tics hiding in the long grass.
I don't recommend wearing shorts!
It's worth checking if any events are on at Ashton Court, as things like the balloon fiesta and music festivals generally make the course unplayable.
Other Thoughts: You really need a local to show you around on your first visit, but luckily we're a friendly bunch.
Ask on here: https://www.facebook.com/grou...discgolfclub/
or Mr. Frisbee 07422 521214

Course improving

5+    10/6/2017   10/6/2017
Review By: mat cutler
Pros: Good range of challenging holes, beautiful parkland and woodland setting.
Quiet area of the park not usually busy or to many people to play.
Cons: Lack of permanent tees and advanced course tee signs on some holes due to restrictions from the council.

Older basket - catch well but not very visible and a little small compared to DiscGolfPark Target or similar.
Other Thoughts: Nice bunch of locals always happy to show you around. please contact us!