Lubbock, TX
Texas Tech DGC Share
Uploaded By: Texas2Putts Hole #4 (Taken 6/2018)

Quick 9 hole course- Great Beginer course

5+    3/22/2020   3/22/2020
Review By: WillKilgore
Pros: Due the El Corona virus, Zombie Apocalypse, Wuflu (pick one) campus was empty. I suspect it will be like this for a few months. The course is fairly easy (I shot -6 and haven't played in months) all 9 holes take an hour for 1 person. But it's 3 min from my house so there is my bias

Nice little university course

1    3/20/2018   3/26/2018
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Rubber tee pads
Tee signs for all the holes
Good flow, no long walks between holes
Cons: VERY busy park when school is in session
While there is lots of parking around, you are suppose to have a permit, I could not find where to park.
Other Thoughts: You never know what you are going to get on a campus course, this one had a pretty good verity of holes, but in a very busy park because of students walking to class.

Hole one is a short little turnover though some trees.
Hole 2 is a nice little shot over/though some new trees
Hole 3 is the only "regulation" basket. Longer hole with the road on the right and elevated on a small hill.
Hole 4 throws between the tennis courts and road down across a sidewalk. Watch out here for sure.
Hole 5 is a nice throw up with the road on the right and between some sidewalks.
Hole 6 is the longest hole on the course, dogleg left around the trees and tennis courts.
Hole 7 is probably the most dangerous hole on the course, you have a fenced in area of a pool on the right and a blind shot over a small hill with a walking path on it. I would change this hole if I were in the area. Too dangerous.
Hole 8 throws from near the volley ball courts down over a sidewalk. I had to wait a while due to how many students were walking on that path.
Hole 9 is tight off the tee with a couple of trees, but opens up to a wide open fairway and green.

Then it is a longer walk over to hole 1

In all, I just carried 4 discs with me to play this course, I parked illegally and left my wife in the car to move it if a policeman showed up to ticket us. There is a parking garage on the south east accros the intersection near hole 1, I did not check to see how much parking was (if you could pay cash to play there)

Either way, it took about 20 min to play this course and I left. Enjoyed some of the shots, had to wait for people walking to class.

Would I play here again?

no, you have 2 good courses not too far from here. While this is a fun little course, those course are so much better.

Eagles Galore

1    8/3/2017   8/4/2017
Review By: wwmorris91
Pros: Short holes. Close parking. Neatly manicured on a regular basis. Variety of types of shots possible.
Cons: Busy park. Easy for more advanced players. Different baskets used on a few holes. Make the experience less consistent. No directions to next tee pad.
Other Thoughts: A welcome addition to the scarce options for disc golf in Lubbock, Texas.