Prairie Du Sac, WI
Marion Park Share
Uploaded By: ElementZ Hole #3 (Taken 3/2016)

Share URL:

In NEED of some TLC!!!

1    8/24/2017   8/26/2017
Review By: natewusa
Pros: Nice open holes. With some trees to play around. Tees are in great shape.
Cons: For starters hole #4 is missing a basket and it seems like from other reviews it has been missing for awhile. The signs for the holes are broken or in some cases gone.
Other Thoughts: If some one was to replace hole #4 and fix the signs this would be a lovely little course. It is too bad that people have to damage property, I'll never understand it.

C- = a little below average for a 9 holer

1    7/22/2009   7/24/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up in my list of 9 hole courses:

1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C- (This course is crammed into a small space. The holes are very short. Only 2 come close to forcing you to hit a certain line to get your birdie. A big risk is hitting people since you are throwing over picnic tables on a lot of the holes. Not sure if there is any associated reward for actually tagging someone! :)

2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == C- (Short and relatively open holes make deuces expected on every hole....so not too much of a rewarding experience playing here.)

3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C- (Flat course. As stated before, the holes are open or have enough routes between trees that the course does not force you to shape your shot in any particular way. 1 or 2 holes are slight exceptions to this.)

4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C (Not ugly, but not pretty. Just an average town park. No seclusion.)

5) Bonus points for multi-throw holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.