Great Links Style Course
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Course is technically "on" the Ball Golf Links however, play never crosses the ball course, giving it the links feel while remaining first and foremist a Disc Golf Course.
- Fun mix of wooded technical shots and "longer" links style shots without feeling to heavy handed with either.
-Great course design very obviously well thought out to require your full bag.
- Golf Carts!
- New "turf" style tees and signage make following the course even easier.
Cons: - Can be easy to lose a disc in the river due to a bad kick from a tree. At least 3 of the holes put you in direct risk.
- Golf Cart is essentially a requirement.
- Design can be easy to misinterpret, first thought hole 4 was the hole for 2. Signs do help, and baskets are numbered, however, confusion is common for first-time players.
Other Thoughts: Overall a VERY fun and rewarding course to play. Will be great to learn its quirks, and the course designer is regularly making updates and tweaks at community suggestion (usually via the course's facebook page).
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
8 Helpful / 0 Not
Nice Addition to Western New York Disc Golf
Pros: - Excellent Use of Trees/Woods on Many Holes with Fair but Tough Lines
- Excellent Baskets
- Several Holes Right along the Water
- Forces You to Use Your Whole Bag; Good Mix of Hole Designs
- Several Memorable Holes (7, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18)
- Clubhouse with Food/Drinks
- Option to Use Golf Cart
- Course is Completely Separate from Ball Golf Course
Cons: - No Tee Pads (Just Stakes/Paint as Markers)
- 1/3 Mile Walk from Parking Lot to First Tee
- Very Difficult to Navigate Without a Map
- Still Raw and Rough Around the Edges in Many Places
- Holes 14/15/16 are all Short Par 3's that Feel Wedged In
Other Thoughts: I live about 75 minutes away but it was worth the drive to play this course twice. As it matures and tee pads are added, this should be a 4 star course.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.