Hudson, FL
Uploaded By: thrembo

Florida Elevation

1    1/11/2018   1/12/2018
Review By: Shade Seeker
Pros: Sunset Ridge surprised me. When I arrived, the property looked kind of uninspiring. After I played the first hole I thought I was in for a disappointing experience. Then, I got caught up in the fun!

The course could have been repetitive and boring if not for the designer using the property so well. The terrain consists of two ridges and two open areas that remind me of the city parks back home in the Midwest. The course weaves and winds through this terrain in clever and creative ways. Though there are two par fours, it's not a long course. Though it's a new course, it reminds me of classic older courses like Huntington Beach in California.

The course features new baskets, large, elevated concrete tees and a fantastic disc golf store. The layout requires skill at the turnover or flick shot - there are lots of left-to-right lines out there. I particularly enjoyed the longer holes near the end of the course. There's a slight slope there that I didn't seem to notice throwing uphill but turned my drives into bombs in the downhill direction.
Cons: Signs will be going in soon, but the temporary ones are adequate in most cases. There are no benches yet either.
Other Thoughts: I was the only player on the course when I played. I hope this is not because it's pay-to-play. It's well worth the $7 for the day ($2 discount if you spend money in the store or onsite deli). Course staff are super helpful. I called them three times during my round for navigational help and Chris couldn't have been nicer.

If you're in the area, this course will show you a fun time.

Great start to this new course.

1    1/7/2018   1/7/2018
Review By: GerryJarcia
Pros: Great little course with more changes to come. Thanks Mike and crew for putting this together. Fun, mostly short and technical course in an area that badly needed a course.

With the Sunking disc store right next door this course is a must visit for any disc golf fan in the Pasco/Hernando area!