Hudson, FL
Uploaded By: thrembo

Good Start

1    1/27/2018   1/27/2018
Review By: thrembo
Pros: Private pay-to-play featuring the full-service Sun King disc golf store on site (an improvement over the Sarasota store IMO). Very nice concrete tees and adequate temp tee and next tee signs. Arrows under baskets take you right to the next tees. Very easy navigation. A mix of tech wooded holes and open bomber holes. Some minor elevation changes which are nice for coastal Florida. Well maintained. Cafe/deli on site.
Cons: Still a work in progress. Looks like not all of the tees are in yet and more permanent signage coming. The rough on the first few wooded holes eats discs and can make for a hard recovery. There is a fence that runs along some of the back nine holes that are heavily signed no trespassing and you are strongly encouraged before heading out not to go over the fences to retrieve your discs.

$7.00 per person for all-day play. $2.00 less if you buy something from the cafe and other specials too. It was $2.00 off the day we played if you bought something from the store. They also offer year-long passes and discounted multi-round passes.
Other Thoughts: Not quite a destination course, but maybe a destination facility. We definitely had a fun round here and having a full-service disc golf store on site is a bonus. My review is slightly tentative based on future plans, but the course is completely playable and it was good to see a lot of people doing just that.

Florida Elevation

1    1/11/2018   1/12/2018
Review By: Shade Seeker
Pros: Sunset Ridge surprised me. When I arrived, the property looked kind of uninspiring. After I played the first hole I thought I was in for a disappointing experience. Then, I got caught up in the fun!

The course could have been repetitive and boring if not for the designer using the property so well. The terrain consists of two ridges and two open areas that remind me of the city parks back home in the Midwest. The course weaves and winds through this terrain in clever and creative ways. Though there are two par fours, it's not a long course. Though it's a new course, it reminds me of classic older courses like Huntington Beach in California.

The course features new baskets, large, elevated concrete tees and a fantastic disc golf store. The layout requires skill at the turnover or flick shot - there are lots of left-to-right lines out there. I particularly enjoyed the longer holes near the end of the course. There's a slight slope there that I didn't seem to notice throwing uphill but turned my drives into bombs in the downhill direction.
Cons: Signs will be going in soon, but the temporary ones are adequate in most cases. There are no benches yet either.
Other Thoughts: I was the only player on the course when I played. I hope this is not because it's pay-to-play. It's well worth the $7 for the day ($2 discount if you spend money in the store or onsite deli). Course staff are super helpful. I called them three times during my round for navigational help and Chris couldn't have been nicer.

If you're in the area, this course will show you a fun time.

Great start to this new course.

1    1/7/2018   1/7/2018
Review By: GerryJarcia
Pros: Great little course with more changes to come. Thanks Mike and crew for putting this together. Fun, mostly short and technical course in an area that badly needed a course.

With the Sunking disc store right next door this course is a must visit for any disc golf fan in the Pasco/Hernando area!