Cedar Park, TX
Uploaded By: johnrhouck Hole #2

fun mini course

1    11/23/2018   12/1/2018
Review By: dreadlock86
Pros: -great baskets, signs, tees, course map, warning signs, rules
-holes mostly play along angled slopes so roll aways on drives and putts are the challenge
-some trees have been planted to grow into better obstacles
-great for kids and beginners
-benches and a few very short trails
Cons: -very small space
-rather exposed to the wind, can be frustrating for kids and beginners
-no parking for the park, use the Chevron parking lot at the corner of Anderson Mill and Dies Ranch
Other Thoughts: This course is good for what it is: a kids and beginners course or an ace run mini track for the experienced player with kids in tow. The tees and signs are excellent and the Discatchers are in great condition, like always on a Houck Design course.

The slopes on this little flood plain are the primary challenge as the hole lengths average 90'. If you leave out the longest hole (185' hole 2) then the average is under 70'. Trees have been planted that come into play, especially on hole 4. I used the tee for hole 2 as a long tee on hole 5.

I saw a few other groups at the park. It seems to be serving its purpose well. It's perfect for my nephew to join me without being overwhelmed at a longer course and we just played until he got bored. I plan to bring him back but I won't be playing here on my own.

**Like this review? Hate it? Message me and let me know why! I want to make them better!**

Fun Micro Course

1    7/4/2018   7/4/2018
Review By: Eckman
This review was updated on 7/6/2018
Pros: Great for practice and fun. Yes it is short but works for a beginner to shoot under par. I shot a 10 and almost got an ace. If you want to introduce young players to the game this is the perfect course.

I was able to play this in 15 minutes with my wife. Since no hole is over 138 feet my wife who is just starting out like me did not feel overwhelmed by the 300' holes. There are picnic tables there as well. Bring your putter and a mid play a couple of times and then have lunch and play it again.

The pads are brand new and rubber. The baskets are brand new and catch your discs. Like I said have fun and try for an ace on each hole. Par is 11 on this micro 5 hole course.
Cons: If you are expecting a challenging course then don't play.
Other Thoughts: Once you turn on Anderson Mill Rd go 3.8 miles and the course is on the right. You will have to park in the Chevron parking lot or across the street and cross at the light. Enjoy!

Great for beginners!

2-4    6/2/2018   6/7/2018
Review By: GMSdrum
Pros:
* Nice baskets
* Beautiful signage, including an overview map and lots of instructions and warning signs.
* Solid tee pads
* Easy flow and very little overlap
* Every hole except #5 has some kind of challenge:
1) Drop-off on either side of the path
2) Longest hole, fun to air it out a little
3) Throwing from one slope to another
4) Squeeze between the trees, slide up to the pin
Cons:
- Lack of parking or facilities, although we parked at the gas station and crossed at the crosswalk, took a short walk on the shaded paths, and found hole 1 no problem.
- Not really any shade on the course.
This is exactly what it's supposed to be: a "Micro" course. It's perfect for beginners and young kids - My 8-yr-old is just starting to play and this gave her some confidence she can't find on courses with 200-400 foot holes.
If you have any experience at all, do not play here expecting a big challenge. Use your putter, and make the challenge to hit some metal. Bring the kids, or a new player.

10 minutes of fun

1    5/15/2018   5/15/2018
Review By: Holland
Pros: Tiny, like advanced putting practice
Cons: Tiny, like advanced putting practice
Other Thoughts: Fun little course that might get a little more challenging as the trees grow in. It's a par 11 I finished with a 9. Got my first ace on hole 5. Ha ha though I feel like at 40 feet and par 2 it kind of doesn't feel like a real ace. Seriously though it took 10 minutes to play the whole course and would probably be a great place to take your youngest disc golfers