Grove City, OH
Scioto Grove DGC Share
Uploaded By: DiscinOhio Hole #8 (Taken 8/2018)

Tight teepads ruin technical layout

2-4    6/1/2019   6/12/2019
Review By: Puckstopper
Pros: Creative use of space

Feels totally different than anything else in the area. Uniqueness would normally be a HUGE plus in my book.

Forces me to THINK about shots instead of just throwing. I've come up with a couple of creative lines/throws here that I'll incorporate on other courses
Cons: Sits in a low-lying area and retains water. It's been muddy every time I've been here.

Needs LOTS more play to beat in the rough areas. I've left a couple discs behind. This will get better in time, but it's tough out there at the moment.

The teeny tiny teepads.
Other Thoughts: I really want to like Scioto Grove. It has many features I like such as high risk/high reward shots, unique feel, good use of elevation and has holes that reward all types of players. However, having been out there 3 times now I've decided it's unlikely I'll be back. The teepads are so short that they affect my run-up which leads to lost accuracy. Loss of accuracy leads to errant shots which proceed to fly into the deep rough, leading to me spending more money at DIsc Golf Mart. To be clear, we're not talking just a foot or two short. I'd guess these are 4 feet shorter than the pads at Hoover. There are a lot of flaws which I'll forgive, but tiny teepads that (usually) aren't level with the ground behind them isn't one of them. My biggest beef with this is that it's really difficult to fix teepads after the fact. Trees can be trimmed. Baskets can be moved. So on and so forth. I realize the budget may have been limited but I'd rather have seen a good 9 hole course here with better tees.