Grassland Rec course
7 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - 5 permanent Mach V's.
- Nice big course sign with an easy to follow map and all the pertinent hole info.
- Course was mostly mowed when I played which leads me to believe somebody in the community cares about the upkeep.
- Decent hole lengths for a beginner course.
- Very encouraging Pars for a beginner course.
- The tree on holes 1/9(sort of).
- Free to play.
- Quick and easy access from I-90.
Cons: - Only holes 1 and 6 have designated tee areas. The rest of the holes play form the previous basket, per the rules on the course sign.
- Only 5 baskets. With many tees being from the previous basket, this course plays back along itself. Would create issues if more than 1 group were out. Also means that a few holes are the exact length since they already played from one basket to the next on the way out.
- Some of the baskets were poorly mounted and are tilty.
- The rough is rough. It was nice to have a modest strip mowed through the majority of the course when I played. However, just off the edges was deep prairie/cheat grass. I encountered belly+ deep rough as I played 5 & 6 which weren't mowed.
- Almost all the trees on the land were completely avoided. Seems to be a couple places where they could have been used nicely.
- Flat as all get out. No elevation variation.
Other Thoughts: I'm a bit confused by the course. Using 5 baskets to play out and then back on basically the same fariways is really poor design. Seems like there's room to designate unique tees for each hole creating more variety of hole length and addressing obvious safety/crowding concerns. Even the thought of choosing your own adventure for tees wouldn't be great with the thick/pokey rough off the mow. Regardless of the flow, or lack thereof, there are at least a few trees that could have been worked in to add some level of substance to this course. Its not too bad for what it seemingly was intended for, a beginner course in a low traffic area. It just could have been executed far better, even considering the fairly lackluster piece of land it uses. Regardless, with the course's proximity to Exit 187, I'd highly recommend this(so long as its been mowed/grass is down) as super quick spin off I-90 to anybody looking to snag a pelt. Enjoy your albatross/ace runs and eagle looks...
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.