• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 6/13/16: Hole 15 @ Elon Park - Angry Beaver in Charlotte, NC

ilmcgee

* Ace Member *
Course rated 3.74 on 38 reviews.

Hole 15 - 503ft - Par 4

Tee Sign:
7fcb6ff4.jpg

Tee:
fcd5d7c9.jpg

Mid Fairway:
2251dfd4.jpg

Approach:
8e24c296.jpg

Basket:
9a60f99e.jpg

Basket to Tee:
58892c17.jpg

Course Map

Leopard off the tee, trying to keep it between the trees. Something more overstable from mid fairway, probably a Saint Pro, to follow the curve around. Pure to finish.

Brinster Teebird, trying to play the hard fade at the turn. Leopard or Mako upshot. Wizard.

Of course, after hitting every tree, this would all change.

I don't remember what I threw here a few years ago, but I would probably flex a PD today as close to the corner as I can get and approach with a Zone flick or Proxy BH.

Leopard trying to stay straight and hoping to land at the corner for a second straight shot. Last thing i want besides being in the woods off fairway or straight into a tree, is to be tight on the left edge before the bend.

When reality happens and i hit a tree early, i then decide to F it and reach for my Pred thinking im going to round that turn. That will end in disaster, so i throw a short shot to just get me on the fairway then try to flex a Rhyno right for the basket and miss. Miss a putt, then drop in for a 6.

Lefty Thumber Opto Trident and then hopefully a Crytzal Comet. This is a classic Stan hole. You can throw a driver and get around the corner but it comes with risk. Or play putter/midrange to turn and then have a longer second shot.

Last edited:
Its an overstable Rival or Outlaw depending how you want it to finish. With a good drive its just an easy upshot with a putter. Most people throw too hard and push through the back of the fairway. What awful old pictures we have here for Charlotte courses.

Leopard off the tee, trying to keep it between the trees. Something more overstable from mid fairway, probably a Saint Pro, to follow the curve around. Pure to finish.

Yup. Same here, except Im throwing a Pro Valkyrie on a slight hyzer, flip to flat off the tee. The tee shot looks fairly long

RHBH Star TL then Whippet.

This hole is MUCH cleaner than this picture shows.

I hyzer flip my King for late turn and full fade to the corner... then World/Saint Pro to bend around so I can see the basket finally. Probably a Sinus to the basket and Warden to finish it off. Super fun hole that I get the pleasure of playing living in Charlotte.

Eagle L and hope to be able to play around the corner from there

Last edited:
River on anny off the tee. Then Teebird to get around the dogleg.