• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

President's Cup 2024

TheOtherBill

* Ace Member *
This should get a different thread than the Euro Open. President's Cup site

Great format. Nothing but bragging rights on the line...and USA's perfect record of 11 for 11 over the history of the event. Kinda feels like this is the year though. Tattar is back and rested, and European players no longer fade when the spotlight is on them - literally in Niklas's case in Austin for that final putt.

Teams for the President's Cup. Fan vote winners were Albert Tamm and Paul McBeth. Captains' choices were Mauri Villmann and Anthony Barela.

TEAM EUROPETEAM USA
Seppo Paju (C)Paul Ulibarri (C)
Kristin TattarMissy Gannon
Eveliina SalonenElla Hansen
Simon LizotteCalvin Heimburg
Niklas AnttilaGannon Buhr
Väinö MäkeläRichard Wysocki
Jakub SemerádEagle McMahon
Albert TammPaul McBeth
Mauri VillmannAnthony Barela
Joona Heinänen (res.)Kyle Klein (res.)
Henna Blomroos (res.)Paige Pierce (res.)

The Presidents Cup 2024 will be held on Wednesday, July 17th, at Nokia:
  • 13:00: Presidents Cup teams presentation and teams' photo shoot. (Hole 1)
  • 13:30: Presidents Cup Round 1: Best score (Holes 1-3, 9-11 and 16-18)
    • Groups start on holes 1, 3, 10 (MPO) and 18 (FPO).
  • 15:30: Presidents Cup Round 2: Match Play (Holes 1-3, 9-11 and 16-18)
    • Groups start from hole 1 every 10 minutes. (4 groups)
  • 17:30: Crowning the Presidents Cup champion team.
    • Or immediately after a possible sudden death play-off.

Great format. Nothing but bragging rights on the line...and USA's perfect record of 11 for 11 over the history of the event. Kinda feels like this is the year though. Tattar is back and rested, and European players no longer fade when the spotlight is on them - literally in Niklas's case in Austin for that final putt.

Teams for the President's Cup. Fan vote winners were Albert Tamm and Paul McBeth. Captains' choices were Mauri Villmann and Anthony Barela.

Tattar rested? or rusty? I still feel my old broken ribs sometimes.

How is Matty O not on the team?

Tattar rested? or rusty? I still feel my old broken ribs sometimes.

How is Matty O not on the team?
First few spots are based on World Rankings at some time or another so he was behind Eagle, Gannon, Calvin, and Ricky in those whenever the cutoff was. (He is ahead of Eagle now but behind Klein who is a reserve.) McBeth is more popular and won the fan vote. Barela is sponsored by Discraft.

Tattar is likely both - rested and rusty. And it's great to see at least Matty-O is going to Europe...imagine how many disciples he'd win over with a lead card Sunday in Tampere? His crazy style would be all the chatter like Chandler Kramer and his FH-only game a couple of years back.

I think I saw that Heimburg dropped from the Krokhol Open. I'm assuming that means he didn't go to Europe. I guess that means that Klein will take his place.

I think I saw that Heimburg dropped from the Krokhol Open. I'm assuming that means he didn't go to Europe. I guess that means that Klein will take his place.
He is on European Open registration still. I'm guessing his recent trip over to play Swedish Open & then back for Des Moines Challenge probably made him want a makeup 'rest' weekend prior to the PDGA Major. Some podcast discussion brought up that he intended to drop Swedish Open but didn't inform the TD in time - not sure if he made a post on social media about it or not.

Assume he will be travelling to Nokia/Tampere and be practicing both courses instead of playing Krokhol and having a shortened practice week for EO w/ Presidents Cup going on.

Latest posts