• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stop asking if you are outside the circle!

For sanctioned events, make an actual circle.

I think this is one of the reasons why some organizations (read as: Olympics, sponsors, and others) don't take disc golf seriously.

Look at basketball, for instance, everyone knows where the 3-point line, free-throw line, and key are. We already define OB in disc golf, so why haven't we defining C1, C2, etc. in absolution?
I don't want the Olympics or (sponsors) to ever take disc golf seriously.

Last thing we need is Olympic rules or (regulations) or something like the haliburton championship powered by rtx corporation and brought to you by kraft macaroni.

Thankfully there's no way to make disc golf cool.

While it has been in hospice for quite some time the 2 meter rule (unfortunately) still has not breathed its last. Near us it is still in use at Seneca in MD I believe. Also still commonly in place in California.
The Seneca Soiree was the only remaining tourney I can think of that enforced the 2m rule as an option, but there hasn't been a Soiree in many years now, which is also the last time I've been to Seneca. Not sure why there aren't any PDGA tourneys there anymore other than the Ladies only event. I miss playing events there.

I don't want the Olympics or (sponsors) to ever take disc golf seriously.

Last thing we need is Olympic rules or (regulations) or something like the haliburton championship powered by rtx corporation and brought to you by kraft macaroni.

Thankfully there's no way to make disc golf cool.
Barbasol, Chess.com, Ledgestone Insurance...already headed that way with non-DG companies as sponsors of pro events. Amateur events as well. Locally (in my neck of the woods) a real estate company and breweries are regular sponsors. There are others that I'm (no doubt) forgetting. Capitalism.

I want it taken seriously, and it's already happening; think about Uli's partnership. Besides, I'm sure if you guys were good enough and could make 1 million a year throwing plastic in the woods, are you telling me you'd turn that down?

I want it taken seriously, and it's already happening; think about Uli's partnership. Besides, I'm sure if you guys were good enough and could make 1 million a year throwing plastic in the woods, are you telling me you'd turn that down?
Depends. Is that 1 million to play disc golf? Or 1 million to be a disc salesman and brand representative and social media personality? Those are two different things, one is an easy yes the other is a hard no.

The Seneca Soiree was the only remaining tourney I can think of that enforced the 2m rule as an option, but there hasn't been a Soiree in many years now, which is also the last time I've been to Seneca. Not sure why there aren't any PDGA tourneys there anymore other than the Ladies only event. I miss playing events there.

For AM the Brenda ran a NADGT event the past two years. They have also ran the Faux Leap the last two year and this year is the first year of MTM since Covid. I believe the 2 meter rule was in effect but may not have been for NADGT events.

As far as the Soiree it would seem Covid killed it. All the of the old heads lost interests in running it over the break. The park had pretty strict rules for 2 years on larger gathering at the park. Someone younger needed to take over, but it seems those that have are more interested in running AM or PRO/AM events rather than pro only events.

Depends. Is that 1 million to play disc golf? Or 1 million to be a disc salesman and brand representative and social media personality? Those are two different things, one is an easy yes the other is a hard no.
What if you go Matty O and sell discs while playing disc golf?

Maiden cruising through the air to park a sick shot and telling the people around him he has some for sale in his car?

Pretty efficient, and pretty cool lol.

What if you go Matty O and sell discs while playing disc golf?

Maiden cruising through the air to park a sick shot and telling the people around him he has some for sale in his car?

Pretty efficient, and pretty cool lol.
The whole pros selling discs thing has always bugged me in the sense that they're having to also hustle discs for their sponsor in addition to performing and being a walking/driving advertisement. I have always perceived this as sponsors not supporting their players enough, so they also have to go hustle discs for extra money. There's nothing more I want to do after a grueling, 4-hour tournament round than grab a box of discs out of the car and deal with a bunch of people fondling plastic, asking questions, etc. (/s). I just want to go have a beer and get ready for the next day. Fortunately, I haven't seen it as much these days as I did, say, 20 years ago.

Latest posts