Saturday Dec. 29, 2018Starts On:
Sunday Dec. 30, 2018Ends On:
Click to find hotels
Find Nearby Hotels:
Details: AMATEUR MATCH PLAY EVENT
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 29TH ONLY (ALL AMS WELCOME BUT MAINLY ADVANCED & INTERMEDIATE LEVEL PLAYERS)
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 30TH ONLY (RECREATIONAL/NOVICE & ALL WOMEN - YOUR PLAYER RATING MUST BE UNDER 900)
The owners of The Gates of Hell Disc Golf Course invite you to A Match Made in Hell - Match Play Event. Here are the details:
1. This is the fourth year using a custom form of match play where you earn points on each hole for each person you beat (three or four people on each hole). Players with the most points will advance in this double elimination bracket style tournament. Check out The Gates of Hell Disc Golf Course Facebook page for pictures of the brackets used over the years.
2. The top finishers from each day will each receive a free entry into the 2019 Daniel Boe Memorial (this does not include PDGA membership or SoCal or Aces memberships/fees). The goal is to award 3 spots each day. To do this, the event needs to fill (or get close to filling) If the event does not fill, we will award as many places as possible (with a minimum of one each day). Prizes will also be awarded to the overall winner and the winner of the losers bracket each day.
3. Your $30 entry fee will include free lunch and a disc.
4. If you know anyone that wants to be a spotter or volunteer, we have need for a couple people. You will be fed and get a disc or two for volunteering.
5. Drinking is permitted on the course, but we ask that you either have a designated driver or you camp overnight after the event. Cigarette smoking is limited to the designated smoking area only.
6. A maximum of 27 players will be allowed to play each day.
7. We will have water and Gatorade available in large coolers. Please bring a water bottle to refill throughout the day. The coolers will be located adjacent to Holes 1 and 6 for easy access.
8. Please carpool from Kit Carson Park (or elsewhere) if possible. Directions will be emailed to the field prior to the event (or can be found on The Gates of Hell Facebook page). GPS will not get you to the course so print and use the directions.
9. An ace pot is available for $2 per person each day. If no one hits the ace pot each day, it will be donated to the 2019 Daniel Boe Memorial. If more than one person hit the ace pot each day, it will be split based on the number of aces hit.
10. Check in will be from 7:00 AM to 7:30 AM each day. We will have players meeting at 7:45 AM and start immediately after that. Do not be late.
If you have any questions, Mark can be reached at 603-986-7314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fine print: If you struggle with any heart conditions or have trouble climbing up/down hills or rough terrain, this event is not for you. If you do not like the heat (as it can be hot here) or playing in high winds (which are definitely possible), then perhaps you should sit this one out. If you are scared to death of snakes, spiders, tarantulas, lizards, bees, coyotes, birds, rocks, or any other wildlife (as we have all of these and more) then you should probably stay away from this course.
Mark VerrochiContact Name: