Saturday Jul. 6, 2019Starts On:
Saturday Jul. 6, 2019Ends On:
Click to find hotels
Find Nearby Hotels:
Details: The owners of The Gates of Hell Disc Golf Course invite you to this 100 Holes in Hell endurance challenge. This is the fifth year running this event.
If you have made it through the warnings and are still reading, you are either a glutton for punishment or think you can conquer hell itself. Here are the details about the event:
1. We will be playing 100 holes throughout the day (45 before lunch and 55 after). The course consists of 9 holes that will be repeated 11 times and one final temporary hole.
2. We will have water and Gatorade available in large coolers. Please bring a water bottle to refill throughout the day. The coolers will be located adjacent to Holes 1, 3, 5, and 6 for easy access.
3. We are allowing alcohol to be brought onto the property provided you have a designated driver or you camp overnight after the event. We do not want anything to happen to anyone on the drive home.
4. All players are welcome to camp overnight on Friday and/or Saturday night. Please bring your own gear for camping. Fireworks (of any kind) are not allowed on the property.
5. All players will receive lunch and dinner as part of their entry fee. Plan on bringing snacks and extra drinks to help you get through the day.
6. Please carpool from Kit Carson Park (or elsewhere) if possible. Directions will be emailed to participants prior to the event. GPS will not get you to the course so print and use the directions.
7. A prize will be given to the winner of each division (Men and Women). If an entire division does not finish, the person that has completed the most holes will be considered the winner. If there is a tie with regards to the number of holes, the person with the lowest score will win.
8. If the course owner plays, a prize will also be given to anyone that beats the course owner or plays more holes than him. In the event of a tie, the tie goes to the course owner.
9. Any money raised from this event (after expenses) will go toward the 2020 Daniel Boe Memorial.
10. Space is limited to 26 players. If you know anyone that would like to volunteer (especially someone with EMT, nurse, or doctor training), please let me know. Also, we encourage heckling so be sure to invite your friends.
11. For your safety, the group you are playing in and/or a tournament official can stop you from finishing the event if you show signs of heat exhaustion, substantial dehydration, dizziness, total body fatigue, etc. Ultimately, you are responsible for determining how many holes you can play safely.
12. Everyone is automatically included in the ace pot at $2 per person. If no one hits the ace pot, it will be donated to the 2020 Daniel Boe Memorial. If more than one person hit the ace pot, it will be split based on the number of aces hit.
13. Check in will be from 7:00 AM to 7:30 AM. We will have players meeting at 7:30 AM and start immediately after that. Do not be late.
Thank you and hope to see you in July.
If you have any questions, Mark can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-986-7314.
Warnings: If you struggle with any heart conditions or have trouble climbing up/down hills or rough terrain, this event is not for you. If you do not like the heat (as it can be hot here) or playing in high winds (which are definitely possible), then perhaps you should sit this one out. If you are scared of snakes, spiders, tarantulas, lizards, bees, coyotes, birds, rocks, or any other wildlife (as we have all of these and more) then you should probably pass.