Saturday Jan. 4, 2020Starts On:
Saturday Jan. 4, 2020Ends On:
Click to find hotels
Find Nearby Hotels:
Details: It's Ice Bowl time! (Wow - we've done this here in Redlands twelve times already. Lucky 13 here we are!)
Join us for the 13th Annual Redlands Ice Bowl at Ford Park on Saturday, January 4, 2020. Check in/registration begins at 8:15am and the Player's Meeting will be at 9am sharp.
This event will be the first in the zillion-part "Golden Sombrero Winter Series 2020," the other Ice Bowl events being held at San Diego/Colina, Murrieta/Mountain Pride, Prado, Los Angeles/Chavez Ridge, San Diego/Sycuan Resort, Brengle Terrace, La Mirada, Yucaipa, San Marcos/Montiel, the Desert, Riverside/Martha McLean, Sky High at Wrightwood and San Diego/South County somewhere, along with a couple of Ice Bowls (Mystery and other) to be named later. Come out and get some early season golfing in with SoCal friends and support some excellent local charities.
As with the previous Ice Bowls in Redlands all proceeds will go to Redlands Family Service Association and the very important and needed work they perform in our community. Last year - due to the great generosity of those who participated - we raised the large sum of $1,671. What might we raise this year? How many mulligans are you going to buy for a chance to start the New Year off with that elusive ace? Will Carl be here to defend? How about D-Unit too?
The entry fee is $27 ($17 for kids 16 and under) and here's what you'll get:
* A nice walk in a lovely park
* 30 holes of play: two rounds of 10 holes on the Ford Park Pitch n' Putt Deluxe layout and one round in the "Metal or Nada" format (one shot at the basket per hole). Yes, that is 10 holes - we are bringing back again an extra temp hole for 2020.
* A choice of a fine premium Innova disc with the Golden Sombrero Winter Series 2020 stamp. How about some elusive Swirly Star Cros. Star Sharks or Champ Roc +s? Thank you Innova!
* 3 mulligans (more, many more, for sale - "Buy a tourney win!")
* The first chance to get together with disc golf friends from around the region in the New Year and talk trash. Thankfully, the Chargers are again a regionally appropriate topic of scorn.
* A chance at the coveted Redlands Ice Bowl Trophy, or (for the lesser mortals among us) a chance for some other sweet prizes, including an Innova Discatcher Traveler basket. Raffle bagging is encouraged, you know, for the children…
Wear a Hawaiian shirt and get an extra mulligan/raffle ticket. It's always nice to take a picture that we can broadcast all over and rub it in on those poor folks in Minnesota somewhere holding their Ice Bowl in three-foot snow drifts. It has been noted to friends in cold climes that most of the ice at our event is found in our beverages.
Many thanks to the Redlands Morning Kiwanis, Innova Champion Disc Golf, Disc Golf Values, Disc Golf United and the Southern California Disc Golf Club.
We know what it takes to finish first in Redlands now: a perfect -20 and probably an ace thrown in for the win. It may even take two... No drivers needed; get your midrange/putter game on!
Questions? Email me at email@example.com or call at 909.809.2483.
Hope to see you there,