Sunday Jan. 5, 2020Starts On:
Sunday Jan. 5, 2020Ends On:
Click to find hotels
Find Nearby Hotels:
Details: Welcome to the FIRST-EVER Kit Carson Park Ice Bowl! This event is part of the 2020 Golden Sombrero Series of Ice Bowls held in Southern California and is one of (at least) 17 events in this year's series. This is a charity fundraising event (as are all Ice Bowls) and we will be raising funds for the North County Food Bank. Proceeds from your entry fee, mulligan sales and other donations will go towards our charity. You may also bring unopened canned food, but the food bank prefers cash - they buy their canned goods at wholesale prices! The food bank can feed four hungry people for $1 - much more return than our purchased canned goods. So don't go to Costco and buy a case of chicken noodle soup (spend your cash on raffle tickets...).
Check-in begins at 8:30am on Sunday, January 5th. Players meeting will be at 9:15am. We will be playing 18 holes of disc golf, with a limit of two mulligans per "shot" (drive, approach, putt). Your entry fee gets you a Golden Sombrero stamp disc and three mulligans. Extra mulligans cost $1 each. The winner in each division will receive a custom-made Ice Bowl trophy.
Watch this space for more info!
* There will be a $5 "Inconvenience Fee" for people who wait until Sunday to sign up.
* We expect to have at least one "celebrity disc golfer" on hand and available to throw your shot on a certain hole for a $1 charity donation (and you are welcome to tip the celebrity, too)
* We will have a lot of prizes to give away - details to come. If you have prizes to donate to the event, please contact Allen (the TD) or Matt @ SDSF (the Co-TD). More prizes = more fun.
* Someone will leave with a basket! The fine folks at Innova are cutting us a great deal on a Discatcher Traveller basket, so you'll benefit from that.
* The Saturday morning KCP ace pot has grown to over $500!!! We are going to make half of that ace pot ($250+) available for an ace at the Ice Bowl. We will, of course, recommend that anyone who wins the ace pot make a healthy donation to the North County Food Bank. ;-)