Welcome to the La Mirada Ice Bowl! This event is part of the 2020 Golden Sombrero Series of Ice Bowls held in Southern California and is one of nineteen (or more) in this year's series. This is a charity fundraising event (as are all Ice Bowls) and we will be raising funds Pathways of Hope - your local food bank. Proceeds from your entry fee, mulligan sales and raffle ticket sales will go towards our charity. All mulligans also act as raffle tickets. You may also bring unopened canned food, but the food bank prefers cash - they buy their canned goods at wholesale prices! Watch this clip from Adam Ruins Everything to see why: https://youtu.be/XbYInILDj6Q
Players meeting will be at 9am on Feb 16th. We will be playing 1 36-hole round of disc golf, with a limit of two mulligans per player, per hole. Mulligans cost $1 each. Your entry fee covers your greens fee, gets you a Golden Sombrero stamp disc and three mulligans. The winner in each division will receive a custom-made Ice Bowl trophy.
We have a Facebook event page - good place to see info and Q&A.
A distinct twist in this event is that any shots that land completely inside the DG ring around the basket will only score half a stroke for the tap-in. In reference to this we had originally named this event the "Half-Iced" Bowl, but Ice Bowl HQ asked us to change it.
We will also have a chili-cooking contest as part of the day's festivities. Last year's chili contest was a lot of fun, with 12 entries! Here are some details:
* Free entry into the contest. First prize: a Discatcher Traveler portable basket!
* Contest will be judged by the tournament players.
* All entrants will receive a Ice Bowl Super Color Buzzz for participating (and helping us feed the players).
* Players can eat (and judge) while they are making the turn from the Lakeside to the Backside, or vice versa.
* If you have additional ideas, let us know!