2020 Sky High Showdown Presented by Innova Champion and Ritual Brewing - Weekend #1 - MPO/FPO/other Pro and Am friends (probably*)
* If you're not playing Goat Hill: other Pro and Am friends will have an opportunity to register on Sunday, July 26 at 7pm, for any/all divisions after the MPO/FPO players have had a three-day head start to register.
Saturday/Sunday, August 22/23, 2020 (Pro/Am PDGA C-Tier and SoCal Series)
It's going to be a little different this year but we all want to play! Please carefully read the following before registering.
To clarify from the start in this season of COVID:
* We will be following Mt. High's guidelines regarding best practices. From their website: "The health and safety of our guests, employees, and community is very important to us. Please note that we will be following LA County Coronavirus safety guidelines.
1) Facemasks are required at all times except when eating.
2) Social distancing of more than 6' is required both inside and on the course.
3) Only one person in the pro shop at a time.
Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to seeing you this summer."
* All players must know and adhere to PDGA guidelines for play during COVID: https://www.pdga.com/pdga-doc...vid-19?page=4
* Cancellation/refund policy: See link for the PDGA's Amendment to the Competition Manual, 1.03: https://www.pdga.com/announce...d-temporarily
* In summary, if governmental guidelines and mandates change and we are unable to play, all Pros will be refunded their entry fee (less DGU processing fee). All Ams will receive the custom event players pack and the balance of their entry fee after shipping costs (and less DGU processing fee). Which would be a royal pain in the…
We will be playing two rounds of 27 holes, one round per day, tee times starting at 7:30am, the same shorter layout both days to lessen the chance of backups. The field will be capped at 128 players for the weekend, as will be the case for Weekend #2.
Pros are playing for money. For Amateurs, this is a trophy only event (first place only). All Am players will receive a generous players pack which will include two custom 2020 Showdown stamped premium discs and lots more (thank you INNOVA, Sky High and DRYVE!).
All players - Pro and Am - will receive a fine Sky High meal (burger, chips, drink) after the completion of their round both days. Walk off the course and your meal will be ready for you.
No outside alcoholic beverages are permitted on site. Sky High has beer and wine for sale. There will be some tasty Ritual Brewing Co. offerings!
Pro cash payouts will be determined after deducting costs which will include the course fees, sanctioning and insurance, and fees of $2 to the PDGA and $2 to SoCal Disc Golf Association for all. $10 will be charged and paid to the PDGA for each non- or non-current member, $5 additional if not current SoCal DGC member.
A point of clarification for SoCal Disc Golf Club members: Successful completion of the two rounds will result in you being awarded 15 base participation points from this event for the 2020 series. At the 2015 Annual Meeting the membership voted to award 5 participation points per 18 holes completed; two rounds at Sky High = 54 holes = 15 base participation points. For more points beat people in your division!
CFR discs? You bet. Let's just say that they are transitional and that people like to throw them. Fundraiser discs with the custom tourney stamp are available for $20 each and all proceeds will go to the payout. INNOVA hooked us up as they always do. Sweet!
Thanks go out to INNOVA Champion Disc Golf, Ritual Brewing, Disc Golf Values, Audet Construction, Cory Marsteller, the Wrightwood Market, DRYVE Disc Golf, Team Drunk and Disorderly and some other committed Sky High friends for their generous support (more info soon!). You'll be hearing more about our sponsors through the wonders of the event page on Facebook soon enough. A special thanks go out to Shauna, Mike, Ben, Rocio, John, Amando and all of the good folks at Sky High who make being at our favorite course so special.
Hope to see you there,