Saturday Dec. 18, 2021Starts On:
Sunday Dec. 19, 2021Ends On:
Click to find hotels
Find Nearby Hotels:
Details: SATURDAY, DECEMBER 18TH ONLY (ALL AM MEN WELCOME BUT MAINLY ADVANCED & INTERMEDIATE LEVEL PLAYERS AND ALL AM LADIES)
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 19TH ONLY (RECREATIONAL & NOVICE - YOUR PLAYER RATING MUST BE UNDER 900)
1. This is the sixth year using a custom form of match play where you earn points on each hole for each person you beat (three or four people on each hole). Players with the most points will advance in this double elimination bracket style tournament (single elimination bracket for the ladies). Check out The Gates of Hell Disc Golf Course Facebook page for pictures of the brackets used over the years.
2. The top finishers from each day will each receive a free entry into the 2022 Daniel Boe Memorial (this does not include PDGA membership or SoCal or Aces memberships/fees). The goal is to award 3 spots each day for the men and 2 spots to the ladies. To do this, the event needs to fill (or get close to filling) If the event does not fill, we will award as many places as possible. Prizes will also be awarded to the overall winner and the winner of the losers bracket each day.
3a. Mens $30 entry fee will include a free lunch and a disc, along with 27-45 holes of play depending on how well you play.
3b. Ladies $20 entry fee will include a disc and 18 holes of play. Ladies will arrive arrive at lunch time on Saturday.
4. Drinking is allowed (in moderation). Cigarettes and other substances are not allowed.
5. We will have water and/or Gatorade available. The coolers will be located adjacent to Holes 1 and 6 for easy access.
6. Please carpool from Kit Carson Park (or elsewhere) if possible. Directions will be emailed to the field prior to the event (or can be found on The Gates of Hell Facebook page). GPS may not get you to the course so print and use the directions.
7. An ace pot is available for $2 per person for each division. If no one hits the ace pot in your division, it will be donated to the 2022 Daniel Boe Memorial. If more than one person hit the ace pot per division, it will be split based on the number of aces hit.
8a. For the men, check in will be from 7:00 AM to 7:30 AM on your repective day. We will have players meeting at 7:45 AM and start immediately after that.
8b. For the ladies, please plan arriving on Saturday between 11:30 and 12 (or come between 7 and 7:30 to watch the men). We will start at approximately 1:00 PM.
If you have any questions, Mark can be reached at 603-986-7314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fine print: If you struggle with any heart conditions or have trouble climbing up/down hills or rough terrain, this event is not for you. If you do not like the heat (as it can be hot here) or playing in high winds (which are definitely possible), then perhaps you should sit this one out.