Saturday Jan. 8, 2022Starts On:
Saturday Jan. 8, 2022Ends On:
Click to find hotels
Find Nearby Hotels:
Details: It's Ice Bowl time and this is our 15th - who woulda thunk it!?!
Join us for the 15th Annual Redlands Ice Bowl at Ford Park on Saturday, January 8, 2022. Check in/registration begins at 8:15am and the Player's Meeting will be at 9am sharp.
We're still living in a weird time with regards to the pandemic. Being outdoors is good but nothing is foolproof and maturing viruses get wily for their furtherance, so common sense and care for your neighbor should continue to carry the day.
As with the previous Ice Bowls in Redlands all proceeds will go to Redlands Family Service Association and the very important and needed work they perform in our community. Last year - due to the great generosity of those who participated creatively and in our non-gathering fashion - we raised the large sum of $1,755 making for a 14-year total of $14,632. Mega props to 2021 Champion Dave Moore for doing the heaviest lifting towards last year's total. What might we raise this year? How many mulligans are you going to buy for a chance to start the New Year off with that first ace?
The entry fee is $30 ($20 for kids 16 and under) and here's what you'll get:
* A nice walk in a lovely park with good people
* 20 holes of play: two rounds of 10 holes on the Ford Park Pitch n' Putt Deluxe layout. Yes, that is 10 holes - we are bringing back again an extra temp hole for 2020.
* A choice of a fine premium Innova disc with the Golden Sombrero Winter Series 2022 stamp. How about some elusive Pigs (in R Pro and Glow Pro). Metal Flake Champ Gators or Color Glow Champ Roc3s? Thank you Innova!
* 3 mulligans (more, many more, for sale - "Buy a tourney win!") Buy now when you register and save time!
* The first chance to get together with disc golf friends from around the region in the New Year and talk trash. Both sadly and thankfully, the Chargers are again a regionally appropriate topic of scorn.
* A chance at the coveted 15th Annual Redlands Ice Bowl Trophy heralding you as the Champion of the Solar System (including Pluto). And if you don't win, raffle bagging is encouraged and Bill is downsizing you know, for the children…
Wear a Hawaiian shirt and get an extra mulligan/raffle ticket. It's always nice to take a picture that we can broadcast all over and rub it in on those poor folks in Minnesota somewhere holding their Ice Bowl in three-foot snow drifts. It has been noted to friends in cold climes that most of the ice at our event is found in our beverages.
Many thanks to the Redlands Morning Kiwanis, Innova Champion Disc Golf, Disc Golf Values, Disc Golf United and the Southern California Disc Golf Club.
We know what it takes to finish first in Redlands now: a perfect -20 and probably an ace thrown in for the win. It may even take two... No drivers needed; get your midrange/putter game on!
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 909.809.2483.