• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 1 disc you do, 1 you don't

ryandb

Par Member
What is one "unpopular" disc that you click with more than it seems others do? Also, one "popular" disc that you just never clicked with?

Click: Warrior (though it seems to be coming more into favor in recent months)

Don't Click: Aviars: DX plastic always felt terrible compared to Gateway in my neck of the woods. KC's were too deep and also didn't seem to be as responsive as Wizards.

I know popularity of a disc means next to nothing but I think it's interesting to talk about the outliers. For me, I always loved throwing mambas. They're just fun to throw and I bagged one for about two years. I have a few friends who swear by grooves as a 200' sidearm approach disc. Just seems weird to me.

As for a disc I don't click with, the buzzz. Idk what it is but I could never get a buzzz to do what I want. Clean releases were far and few between for me and just was not as reliable as other mids for me.

Click: Innova Wedge. Works awesome for RHBH shots inside 250' that ABSOLUTELY have to go right.

Don't click: Aviar/Challenger/Wizard/other clones. The deepness of the disc doesn't work well with my smallish hands.

Shocked to see a lot of people saying they're not buzzz fans right off the bat.

Click: Venom - a rare Utility Driver from Discraft that was nice and beefy with very low glide and a super comfortable rim.

Don't Click: any Roc, ever. Just never liked them, always went with a Buzzz or some other Buzzz like midrange.

Click: Prodigy M5. Great out of the box turnover option, and the only Prodigy I throw.

Don't Click: Wizard. Too deep, don't like.

Click-DGA Squall. I have it in the SP Sparkle plastic and it is the most responsive disc I've ever thrown. Backhand or sidearm it is a true and pure flier.

Didn't Click- Leopard. Tried and tried, I used different plastics and weights but could never mesh with it no matter how much I wanted to.

Click: Cyclone Not that other people haven't, but I started with this disc and have had at least one in my bag for 14 years. Love it!

Don't click: Leopards. Many friends have thrown these for a long time, but I was never able to pin one down. Always turned over far too much, even with some tweaking.

Don't click: buzzz. Hate that disc. If it works for you rock on but it always felt like garbage in my hand.

I don't think anything I've ever liked has been very weird or obscure.

Clicked: Wolf - good roller, half decent flippy mid
Didn't: Challenger - felt awful in hand, couldn't stand it

Latest posts