• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

11-24-13 - Albert Oakland Park - Front Course in Columbia, MO

Good chance that some sort of thumber is the right answer at that course

;)

:thmbup:

That's what I threw when I was throwing overhand mostly; but it really doesn't give you a look at a 2. One of the worst holes on that course for a thumber.

Being from Columbia and playing this all the time. I can tell you that for two of the pin placements you will need a turnover disc or a straight disc thrown on an anhyzer because you will need to bend around those first two trees(or if you are good at rolling just roll underneath). The short pin placement, probably a midrange. I would throw my Warship. For the long pin placement, you will need at least a fairway, I use my Diamond. For the last pin placement you will need to hit that gap to the right and start fading gently. I lay up with a Hornet because a Driver fades too late and will end up in the tall thick trees over by the street making for an incredibly hard second shot.

On a side note, I would say if you are an intermediate player and you hit your line well enough to get a birdie on either of the far pin placements, you should be extremely happy with you line shaping skills. I have never played with anyone who got a birdie. There are just too many trees and hitting the first gap may work, but on all but the closest pin placement you will have to thread a second gap to get there. Picture just doesn't clearly show all the chaos that starts about 250 feet down the fairway. However, I would say it's one of the best practice holes in any of the three courses in Columbia.