• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

11 Year Old Girl Hits Tourney Ace On CTP Hole!

:clap: I'm jealous though. Still waiting for my first ace at 25 years old :\ lol. Congrats to your girls though, they will be pro's one day I'm sure.

Thats cool that they gave her all that stuff. Sure they took a loss on it, but what a positive move that was on their part. They made her feel great about herself and the disc golf community about them for being so cool.

What are you feeding those girls?

That, fer sher!

McDonalds!

No it's all in the form. Tight grip, proper wrist orientation, clean fast footwork to set up weight transfer, straight reach back, smooth pull through close to the body with late acceleration into a good follow through. Back to the basics and lots of practice.

It also helps to know your discs and the line and the wind and how to aim. When she hit the 547' deuce she threw a Roadrunner off the tee because she had a strong tailwind and she knows that for max D and a tailwind just always go with the roadrunner. That put her about 290' downfield. Her 2nd shot was about 250 and she know she can throw her buzzz 250 on the football field so she threw her beat buzzz (because of the tailwind) and she added extra height (because of the tailwind) and the thing just dropped in the basket.

I have a feeling your daughters would beat a lot of guys on this board lol That's awesome. Very nice prize too that was cool of them.

That's awesome! Congrats to her. And a thumbs up to the tourney for being way cool and giving her a VERY nice prize when they didn't have to. :thmbup:

I have a feeling your daughters would beat a lot of guys on this board lol That's awesome. Very nice prize too that was cool of them.

My oldest could probably hang in mens rec on any type course but my youngest (the one that hit the ace) did well on the temp junior course they had created for them because the holes were in the 175' - 250' range and only lightly wooded. In fact my oldest had five birds the first round and most of them were on the longer holes.

My oldest could probably hang in mens rec on any type course but my youngest (the one that hit the ace) did well on the temp junior course they had created for them because the holes were in the 175' - 250' range and only lightly wooded. In fact my oldest had five birds the first round and most of them were on the longer holes.

I bet the biggest advantage she would have over grown men is the mental game. She'd just be having fun and not letting bad shots get to her while grown men are having complete melt downs around her after they throw a bad one. :D

Kudos to Discnation for covering fees on juniors that's really cool. I think I will continue to order from them if I need to.

This was one of the most amazing tourneys I've ever had the pleasure of being involved with. The payouts were unheard of, especially for the pro women. They had mixed doubles on Friday which I played with my oldest daughter and had a blast. They provided lunch the first day and the second day they had $1.00 per slice pizza which was an awesome idea. They had free iced down vitamin water all over the place in coolers. They had igloos full of cold water throughout the course. There were stations around the course that had free snacks and drinks. There were good players packs with a shirt, a disc, a mini, a cool tourney cup, and various other items. They had a raffle with like 35 different prizes of which my daughters each won one. One won a sparkle Katana and the other was a beautiful supercolor buzzz with a hummingbird on it. They had a putting contest and gave away a basket. They had an after round CTP contest, of which my oldest made the finals, where they gave away another basket. They had a local craft beer sponsor (Southern Star Brewery) so there were coolers full of ice cold really good craft beer. They had awesome trophies. The courses were top notch. And the TD's were just good people. My wife has not played in over a year due to elbow injury but on the way home from the tourney she said she is going to go home and start playing again so she can play in next years TWC.

Tell your wife thanks again for helping out with the CTP for CTP. I'm glad you guys had such a great experience. We tried to match what we remembered Tiffs first TWC (08) in Round Rock to be. The Girly Stations throughout the course make such a difference, and that's what we've missed the last years since 08. The rest fell into place. Thanks to all of you guys coming down to play, and we hope to do the same thing for juniors possibly next year. I'll have info up as soon as we make a decision.
This was one of the most amazing tourneys I've ever had the pleasure of being involved with. The payouts were unheard of, especially for the pro women. They had mixed doubles on Friday which I played with my oldest daughter and had a blast. They provided lunch the first day and the second day they had $1.00 per slice pizza which was an awesome idea. They had free iced down vitamin water all over the place in coolers. They had igloos full of cold water throughout the course. There were stations around the course that had free snacks and drinks. There were good players packs with a shirt, a disc, a mini, a cool tourney cup, and various other items. They had a raffle with like 35 different prizes of which my daughters each won one. One won a sparkle Katana and the other was a beautiful supercolor buzzz with a hummingbird on it. They had a putting contest and gave away a basket. They had an after round CTP contest, of which my oldest made the finals, where they gave away another basket. They had a local craft beer sponsor (Southern Star Brewery) so there were coolers full of ice cold really good craft beer. They had awesome trophies. The courses were top notch. And the TD's were just good people. My wife has not played in over a year due to elbow injury but on the way home from the tourney she said she is going to go home and start playing again so she can play in next years TWC.

Tell her to watch out, my 2 year old will be blasting ace's in the next 6-7 years ;)

5116916182_2af2373afc.jpg

Latest posts