• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

14th Annual Texas Teams Championships

johnrhouck

.:Master Course Designer:.
Premium Member
The TTC moves this year to Mt. Vernon, Texas, home of the now-famous courses at Selah Ranch. Every city and every course in Texas is invited to send a team, and some cities send multiple teams.

New for this year:

* We'll be doing the grand opening of two great new courses in Mt. Vernon at the Trey Texas Ranch

* We're offering a division for teams from outside Texas, so if you have a group that wants to play four of the world's top courses, come on down and join us and see why the TTC event has come to be known as "the most fun tournament of the year" in Texas.

Lots of camping this year, too. It's all team vs. team Match Play, and it's all for team pride and love of the game. Several dozen teams have given verbal confirmation, but here are the teams that have submitted their registration so far:

MERGED
North Richland Hills Spare Chains
San Angelo Team Low Putt
McKinney DG Freaks Merged
San Angelo Warlocks Merged
Littlefield Cats
DDD Lewisville
Circle MaryMetRidge
DFW Team DQ Merged
Longview Chain Bangers
DDD Carrollton
McKinney D
Arlington Team Top Card
Less Than Z Boaz
DFW Team DQ Merged Too
Lubbock Windriders Merged

ESTABLISHED
McKinney DG Freaks
San Angelo Warlocks
Ft. Worth Funkytown Flyers
Z Boaz
Lubbock Birdie Bashers
Granbury Gang Green
Weatherford Gypsy Fish
DFW Team DQ
Lubbock Windriders

Information is up at http://circularproductions.com/texas_teams_2013_event.html

and the Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Teams/141965995901371?ref=hl

Glad you asked. Just finished updating the list. There are still 2-3 teams who said they were sending in their registrations tonight, but this list represents the teams who have submitted their registration.

37 teams so far, and they're still coming. We did have two Established teams fall apart this week -- we really could use two more Established teams, so round up your am women and swing players.

MERGED
NRH Spare Chains
San Angelo Team Low Putt
Littlefield Cats
DDD Lewisville
Austin Circle MaryMetRidge
DFW Team DQ Merged
Longview Chain Bangers
DDD Carrollton
McKinney GOMB
Arlington Team Top Card
Less Than Z Boaz
DFW Team DQ Merged Too
Lubbock Windriders
Sugar Land Slingers Merged
Granbury Gang Green II
Abilene Key City
Austin Circle MaryMetRidge 2
Funkytown Flyers Merged
Granbury Gang Green
Tarrant County Unwanted
DDD Denton
North Dallas Whiskey Disc

ESTABLISHED
McKinney DG Freaks
San Angelo Warlocks
Z Boaz
Lubbock Nice Drive Though
Granbury Gang Green
Weatherford Gypsy Fish
DFW Team DQ
Lubbock Lubbock
Sugar Land Slingers
Dash's Track Team Straight Line
McAlister Texas Panhandle
Waco DGA

Just over three weeks to go, and the new courses at Trey Texas Ranch are really starting to look good. And Selah is, as always, Selah. 'Nuff said. We just need enough rain-less days to get it all ready.

Welcome to the Funkytown Flyers North Park team. That's three Funkytown teams now -- very happy to have them on board.

MERGED
NRH Spare Chains
San Angelo Team Low Putt
Littlefield Cats
DDD Lewisville
DFW Team DQ Merged
Longview Chain Bangers
DDD Carrollton
McKinney GOMB
Arlington Team Top Card
Less Than Z Boaz
DFW Team DQ Merged Too
Lubbock Windriders
Granbury Gang Green II
Abilene Key City
Funkytown Flyers Board
Funkytown Flyers North Park
Tarrant County Unwanted
DDD Denton

ESTABLISHED
McKinney DG Freaks
San Angelo Warlocks
Z Boaz
Granbury Gang Green
Weatherford Gypsy Fish
DFW Team DQ
Lubbock Lubbock
Sugar Land Slingers
Waco DGA

One more full day of work then I can pack up the car and head that way..This will be my first year at TTC and can't wait. TEAM CHAINOUT is gonna be in full effect this weekend

Im not even worried about that.. I have had to play sooooo many tourney rounds in the rain these past two years it doesn't even bother me anymore....not saying I will play exceptionally well it just wont bother me

And now... here are your pools for this weekend. They are, of course, subject to change if circumstances warrant. You will play against every team in your pool before we move on to additional rounds.

ESTABLISHED
Pool A
DFW Team DQ
Waco DGA
McKinney DG Freaks
San Angelo Warlocks
Lubbock Lubbock

Pool B
Weatherford Gypsy Fish

Pool C
Z Boaz
Sugar Land Slingers
Granbury Gang Green
Lubbock Aces

MERGED
Pool M
DFW Team DQ Merged
White Settlement Patriot
Funkytown Flyers Board

Pool N
DDD Lewisville
San And Jello Texas Stoopid Doods
Lubbock Reggaelators

Pool O
Abilene Key City
Arlington Team Top Card
Funkytown Flyers North Park
Longview Chain Bangers

Pool P
Less Than Z Boaz
Lubbock Windriders

Pool Q
Tarrant County Unwanted
McKinney Disc In the Basket
Littlefield Cats

Pool R
DFW Team Chain Out
DDD Denton
Granbury Gang Green II

Pool S
DDD Carrollton
DFW Team DQ Merged Too
NRH Spare Chains
San Angelo Team Low Putt

Pools are Subject to change

Ya that would be nice wouldn't it?!?!? I have only been able to play one round at Selah with good weather and it was still in the low 40s with terrible wind but no rain lol

I wish more TX land owners would go the way of Selah and Trey Deuce...there is so much good land in East Texas it's ridiculous...big pines. Think Dogwood at Lindsey Park but even better (possibilities).

Ya if only more land owners would realize the growth of this sport and get in on the "ground level" of truly great TX courses. Selah is doing it right and I cannot wait to see the Trey Deuce course/s

Worst tournament I have ever played in.. Formats getting changed up on the fly without any prior notice. People who lost all of their matches somehow get to play in for the last spot for the finals. From what I heard from people that have played TTC before this was the worst year and many people will likely not be playing this event again....Including me

Worst tournament I have ever played in.. Formats getting changed up on the fly without any prior notice. People who lost all of their matches somehow get to play in for the last spot for the finals. From what I heard from people that have played TTC before this was the worst year and many people will likely not be playing this event again....Including me

agreed, agreed, agreed and agreed. i go 4-0 just to play against teams that went 0-4 or 0-2-2 or some other crappy combo.

we stayed up till midnight for info for sunday to be shared or posted. then we A. didn't have to even play our last rounds since we were automatically in the top 8 (no one told us that). and B. didn't even start till around 8:15, not 7:15.

Saturday was even worse. Why are we playing at one place, then driving across town to the next then finishing at another course. 1 day, one place, the next day the next place. So much driving and wasted time back and forth just to finish 4 holes in complete darkness. On top of playing longs? why? whats the point? for speed of play alone everyone should have been playing shorts everywhere. there is so much more, but I'm done typing. first and last teams for me.

agreed, agreed, agreed and agreed. i go 4-0 just to play against teams that went 0-4 or 0-2-2 or some other crappy combo.

we stayed up till midnight for info for sunday to be shared or posted. then we A. didn't have to even play our last rounds since we were automatically in the top 8 (no one told us that). and B. didn't even start till around 8:15, not 7:15.

Saturday was even worse. Why are we playing at one place, then driving across town to the next then finishing at another course. 1 day, one place, the next day the next place. So much driving and wasted time back and forth just to finish 4 holes in complete darkness. On top of playing longs? why? whats the point? for speed of play alone everyone should have been playing shorts everywhere. there is so much more, but I'm done typing. first and last teams for me.

its almost funny to think about this experience now. Its so stupid and poorly run its comical. I've been to two Texas Teams, and wont be playing anymore.

its almost funny to think about this experience now. Its so stupid and poorly run its comical. I've been to two Texas Teams, and wont be playing anymore.

we did make the most of it though. but strictly from the view of the tournament itself. it was a train wreck.