• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

15 years old, 1 year playing.

Here's what I noticed.

Reach-back is hindered because player is fixated on the target with his eyes. When reaching back I try to have my arm straight back in a direct line to the basket. (Disc, shoulder & basket all in one line) This makes the back of the right thigh almost face directly towards the basket.

hwFbNNx.png

The huge step seems to throw his sense of balance off a bit and maybe that is why he is leaning forward and throwing down almost. Try doing a slow reach back and then explode coming forward.

Agree with ^ above. Everything is about those throws is wild. Slow down and smooth things out, use your hips, turn your hips and shoulders back to move the arm back and forth instead of leaning away. Keep your footwork more compact and maintain your balance and slow and then accelerate through the hit into the finish. Ideally for the best improvement would be to throw from a standstill and learn snap efficiency, and then add steps to the throw later.

Lots of good stuff in here:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26165

Listen to this guy, especially about the sequencing of the throw, and being smooth, just ignore the 360 part.

^ LOL. He's talking about being sponsored by Discraft but demonstrating the technique with a Condor.
That's because pretty much everyone uses a Condor for maximum time aloft events and Discraft doesn't have a disc to compete with that. I'm sure Discraft will let that slide since he's the best distance thrower ever.

Latest posts