• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] 179g D4?

SERE Nate

Par Member
I recently traded for a 174 D4 and after throwing it I wasnt very impressed. I couldn't get it to turn or stand up at all for me. I am currently throwing a 165 Lace and love it! I was hoping that the D4 would compete for that slot.

I weighed the d4 and it was over 179g! Am I just screwed or is there a way to exchange this illegal disc for a legal one?

I was giving a prodigy D4 to try out for about a week by a friend of mine and I could not get the darn thing to do anything I wanted compared to my other discs. I tried everything and could never get a dependable throw out of it. I gave it back soon after. Looks like they (Lavone Wolfe) have a long ways to go. Sorry about that Lavone. I'll still visit your store when I'm in Huntsville :)

I really dig my D4. Nice tiddy S curve with a dependable fade at the end. And long.

You really should spell that "tidy." Pronounced the way you spelled it it means something totally different.

My D1 is great for straight drive then huge flared skip/fades. Very cool to see but not sure how useful it is for a LHBH like me (not may holes shaped for this shot in Charlotte).

Last edited:
I've got one marked 174g that does the same. I scaled it close to 178. I should maybe exchange it but I should have one coming free already that is a first run not a proto stamped.

I had a 178 Proto D4 that was very beefy as well. Sent it back for a 167 gram First Run replacement. It flies completely different than the heavy Proto and is everything I wanted the D4 to be. Thrown soft it just goes super straight - maybe a slight turn, and healthy forward fade. Thrown a little harder and the turn is more pronounced, but still fades back at the end. Very long disc. Awesome grippy plastic. I'm wondering how that plastic will feel down here in TX once the temps get back up to 100+.

What's the best way to speed this process up? I've emailed and asked them on twitter about replacing my 178g Proto D4 but no response. Do I just need to repeat this until they decide to respond or is there a quicker way? The overweight proto throws like a brick of crap but the d4 first run I won actually flies nice. Just wanting to get my replacement.

What's the best way to speed this process up? I've emailed and asked them on twitter about replacing my 178g Proto D4 but no response. Do I just need to repeat this until they decide to respond or is there a quicker way? The overweight proto throws like a brick of crap but the d4 first run I won actually flies nice. Just wanting to get my replacement.

I have emailed them and left messages on their phone. No replies. Great customer service!

I have emailed them and left messages on their phone. No replies. Great customer service!

That's the response I was afraid of. It's not a big deal I don't plan on throwing their line of discs anyway, plastic is just off to me, and I value consistency. They don't seem to have that in regards to discs or service.

I just wanted to get what I was told I could. Big difference in my proto and first run. I actually like the first run d4 I got but if this is how they handle customers I'll throw the one I got until DD's US distance driver is out next month.

Latest posts