• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] 1x Ricky sig mold speculation

Who is to say he even gets a full-time sig disc? I doubt they are contractually obligated. Im sure its not 100 percent what the fans want, but I say hype up the trilogy angle and give him special runs of BT Hard Harp, Fuzion Felon and...whatever Latitude he throws...Opto Compass I guess. Do something like a Moonshine Compass or what have you.

Mark them up a couple bucks more than usual and give Ricky the lion's share. Ricky gets what he has earned, Trilogy makes money, fans get their sig discs which will sell out quickly being "limited edition" and all.

So basically what you're advocating for is for Latitude to do "Tour Series" disc(s) like Innova does. Of course Innova does both Tour Series discs and signature discs and has a factory store to sell the tour series discs from. Latitude already does signature discs and I think they do some sort of tour series stamps, but I've only ever seen the pros themselves selling those (like JohnE selling his specially stamped Saint Pros). So I'm not sure how that bit works right now for Latitude. Does JohnE buy 25 of those at a wholesale rate, have them stamped, and then resell them or what? If Latitude would do Tour Series stamps and then sell them direct or through resellers then that would probably work, but I don't see most of their pros hustling custom stamps the way JohnE does. I guess Ricky could sell them directly from his new sockibomb website though.

Ooo I like it. The only problem is, it doesn't allow them any growing room if/when he wins it again. ;)

If they made a new mold for him, I think they should call the "Game plan." I swear, every time they interviewed him between rounds at Worlds, he was like, "I'm just going to stick to my game plan tomorrow."

I'd vote for the name "Momentum", Ricky is all about that momentum

I think that it's pretty obvious that if they run a 1x stamp it's going to be the Compass. If they want to go ahead and run that in Zero Hard that would be great. Thank you in advance Lat64.

Wims made a great point earlier in this thread that McBeth has a sig Discmania P2, so the Harp wouldn't be unprecedented. But for Ricky's first championship, I think Lat keeps it in the family.

With that said, I can see them giving him a special edition Dagger. With due respect to Feldberg, Ricky is the Dagger right now and he should be on it.

Or, create a new mold entirely and call it the Momentum, because we all know that's Rick's favorite word. :D

I'd vote for the name "Momentum", Ricky is all about that momentum

:hfive:

Since the Compass is already a pro model, I'd say it's got to be the Enforcer, Felon, or Harp. Those 4 plus the Dagger seem to be his most thrown discs. I would wager he's going to get a driver since he's already got a midrange with his name on it, and his putter of choice already has someone else's name on it.

I'd buy a Grip Harp in a second.
Blend of something unique from each family.
Love the Harp & Compass & Felon idea too.

Anything besides a 2016 World Champion Dagger would be a travesty. The work he has done with that disc is incredible, I could watch a full hour of Ricky just putting. His putting from 70 ft, maybe even further, looks how most pro's putts look from 10 ft and in.

Personally, I'm hoping they do a parody of the Feldbeard stamp, and put a cartoon Ricky in place of Feldberg.. possibly doing his raptor legs..

On Smashboxx the other day, Terry tried to get Ricky to spill the beans about his signature disc(s). Ricky didn't bite at first, but when Terry mentioned the Harp and the Felon, Ricky said those were two pretty good guesses.

On the DGAM podcast Emac said that Ricky Harp or Felon is not gonna happen as he is sponsored by Latitude.

He even said that it would be more probable that Latitude would introduce a Felon copy under their brand than have the Ricky Felon come out.

This makes it really interesting. It leaves him with the Stiletto unless someone gives up their existing signature molds.

Probably a WC Opto Compass. Unless they find something else for Feldy so Ricky can have the Dagger. Maybe the first Lat64-cart?

But there will probably be some WC signature series in Harps, Felons and Daggers.

Lat64 will probably come out with a WC Compass and Dagger. Maybe a Stiletto and XXX too. But those are the only Lat64 molds Ricky is throwing. The rest is DD and Westside.

Well, he also throws Saint Pro and Vision, but StPro is JohnE's and roller Disc is not really your first sig mold.

So basically what you're advocating for is for Latitude to do "Tour Series" disc(s) like Innova does. Of course Innova does both Tour Series discs and signature discs and has a factory store to sell the tour series discs from. Latitude already does signature discs and I think they do some sort of tour series stamps, but I've only ever seen the pros themselves selling those (like JohnE selling his specially stamped Saint Pros). So I'm not sure how that bit works right now for Latitude. Does JohnE buy 25 of those at a wholesale rate, have them stamped, and then resell them or what? If Latitude would do Tour Series stamps and then sell them direct or through resellers then that would probably work, but I don't see most of their pros hustling custom stamps the way JohnE does. I guess Ricky could sell them directly from his new sockibomb website though.

LOL wtf, dude has to pimp out his own sig disc. Guess being a discgolf pro aint it's all cracked up to be.

How about just put his name on every Trilogy disc ever! Ricky gets the entire lineup!