• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 Days: Waco, Temple, Austin

srm_520

Double Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I've only got two days to play, so I'm packing in as many courses as possible.

Here's the list in relative order:
Day 1:
Cameron Park
Cameron Park East
Woodway Park
South Temple Community Park
Lion's Park
Condor Park

Day 2:
San Gabriel Park
Rivery Park
Wells Branch Park
Catch Patch DGC
Austin Bible Ridge Church
The MetCenter
Bartholomew Park

Too ambitious? It's about 100 holes each day with the first day being more finesse and the second distance. I tweaked my shoulder a bit yesterday playing, so we'll see how it goes.

I think it's a pretty good list, and it's based on new courses or courses I played but haven't reviewed - aka Wells Branch and Bartholomew Park. Plus I didn't want to hit places like Pease Park because of crowds.

And even though I want to play them all, if anyone in the area is interested in hitting one of these courses with me - shoot me a line. I'm starting at dawn Saturday morning and playing until my arm falls off. :D Should be an awesome time.

As far as I know, the beast is unplayable

You should come to Dallas and Roc1time and I will take your money.

I've only got two days to play, so I'm packing in as many courses as possible.

Here's the list in relative order:
Day 1:
Cameron Park
Cameron Park East
Woodway Park
South Temple Community Park
Lion's Park
Condor Park

Day 2:
San Gabriel Park
Rivery Park
Wells Branch Park
Catch Patch DGC
Austin Bible Ridge Church
The MetCenter
Bartholomew Park

Too ambitious? It's about 100 holes each day with the first day being more finesse and the second distance. I tweaked my shoulder a bit yesterday playing, so we'll see how it goes.

I think it's a pretty good list, and it's based on new courses or courses I played but haven't reviewed - aka Wells Branch and Bartholomew Park. Plus I didn't want to hit places like Pease Park because of crowds.

And even though I want to play them all, if anyone in the area is interested in hitting one of these courses with me - shoot me a line. I'm starting at dawn Saturday morning and playing until my arm falls off. :D Should be an awesome time.

I see you don't have East Metro (Manor) in your list. Might be a good final course on your way back to H town. It is much better than Bart.

I see you don't have East Metro (Manor) in your list. Might be a good final course on your way back to H town. It is much better than Bart.

Agreed, but I hit that and Circle C on my last trip there, so that's why I figured I'd take another crack a Bartholomew - I haven't played in probably 5 years.

I do love Circle C and East Metro though - amazing courses. I may die though if I tried doing them in conjunction with Austin Bible Ridge and the MetCenter.

You should come to Dallas and Roc1time and I will take your money.

Sorry, I'm going to have to wait until at least summer to come up there and open a can of wup ass. :D

I do love DFW courses though - very jealous living in Houston.

BTW - come to Circle R in April, and you can put your money where your mouth is. :)

Sorry, I'm going to have to wait until at least summer to come up there and open a can of wup ass. :D

I do love DFW courses though - very jealous living in Houston.

BTW - come to Circle R in April, and you can put your money where your mouth is. :)

I can't make the April trip however I fully intend on kicking your rear all the way back to Houston this summer.

I had to be quick on my toes. I look at the thread and there is someone talking $hit on my behalf. I talk enough for myself, it was just a wierd

Maybe a little too ambitious.

I'd skip Ridgeline due to three or four holes are closed and hit Williamson County Park after Rivery. You can't come through Austin and not play Wilco.

I considered that - but If I skip Wilco, it's my best excuse to my wife for coming back for another roadtrip and centers on North Austin courses. :)

So, I'm writing this down now, so I don't forget the details later on. Needless to say this was a trip I won't soon forget. There are more stories and results of the trip to come, but this little event is a good start.

-----

So here I am, laying in my "white trash Winnebago," which essentially is my SUV with the seat down and outfitted with rope and sheets to have a make shift tent. Basically, I don't want anyone looking in. Night one I had slept in a church parking lot, but night two would have to be different since the next day there would be church in the morning. So, I found a nice little neighborhood in relation to the course I was going to hit first thing in the morning. Cursing myself the previous night for not wanting to pee out in the cold and not having a bottle, tonight I was prepared. With my trusty bottle by my side I fell asleep.

At around 4:00am I woke feeling the overwhelming urge to expel the mega soda I had downed at the movies. It was dark, and I didn't want to attract any attention, so I left the lights off. I shuffled forward in the car not wanting to be over my sleeping area in case there should be a possible drip at worst case. So here I am in the dark, going completely on feel hunched over groggy and ready to do my business. My last fleeting thought was, "where did I set the cap? I'm going to need that - Oh well, I'll just find it when I'm done. "

In a split second, everything went wrong. A sudden spray in all directions - Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God! It's amazing the amount of urine a human can produce in half a second, and even more amazing how quickly we can shut things down in case of emergency. What the hell just happened? - the obvious thought shooting through my brain. The aim was true, everything felt right, oh crap – I found the lid. :doh: I simply hadn't taken it off the bottle yet, and the ricochet bounced away from the designated drip area and all over the bedding and pillow. How does one forget to take of the cap – Friends, I still don't have a good answer for this one.

So here I sit – assessing the situation. I grab a towel and begin drying things up. It's funny, the day before when I packed it, I laughed thinking I'd have no use for it. God has a sense of humor. So, I still have no light in the back, things stink of urine, and I still have to pee. I'll just open a door to air things out, get a light on, and go from there. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Did you know you could set the alarm from the inside of the car? I slam the door and dive for the keys lying in the back, and turn off the alarm. Did I mention I'm in a quiet residential neighborhood at four in the morning? :thmbdown:

Lying there and definitely not groggy anymore – I take a minute and get a hold of myself and out I go again. I quickly do my business and jump back in the car to assess the damage. The cold thankfully stifled the small, and after about 15 minutes of rearranging I have the wet stuff contained, and me lying in a dry area with my other pillow. Laying there for the next half an hour I replay the incident over and over to figure out how everything went so wrong. Oh well, I'm golfing in two hours, I had better get some sleep. :wall:

Last edited:
srm....combined with the story from hognosesucker about his visit to your turf; your stories have to much urine involved....lol

May top my dumbass move

Very nice... that may just top the throwing the golden retriever in at LINKS story! Thanks for alleviating my humiliation.:clap:

Okay here are the stats:

2 Days
515 miles driven
11 hours 30 minutes in the car
10 courses
135 holes
4 stitches

I ended up playing Oaks Park in College Station on the way up, but on the first day I hit:
1. William Cameron Park
2. Woodway Park
3. Lion's Park
4. South Temple Comm. Park
5. San Gabriel Park
6. Rivery Park

The Second Day:
1. Brushy Creek Sports Complex
2. Cactus Patch
(Couldn't play Wells Branch because of a tournament)

3. Bartholomew Park - which with 3 holes to go - I threw it over a barbed wire fence. Slipped trying to get it back I split my hand open. It was about a 3in scrap on my right palm, but about 1/2 inch was real deep and bleeding pretty bad, so I had to quit and go get stitched up. And that's how the trip ended unfortunately. Oh well, my arm was toast anyway - The MetCenter or Austin BibleRidge would have eaten my lunch.

Sleeping illegally in your car; the urine story, stitches; these are stories from the old days of disc; when poor; but tough, and foolish men went on disc trips....sounds awesome srm...more stories please. And; what did you think of Bartholomew?

Latest posts