• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

Disc is cool, no way it's shorter then a stalker, maybe just a touch slower. I got it out 300' on the bubble each throw. Nice straight flight with very little fade (thrown at 6500').

The minis are nicer then the one in the facebook photo, we got 7 different prints.

On a sour note, they screwed up counting the water bottles for my order, only got 3/4 of them. As well as less then half the flags I needed too...

Discs fly more understable at higher elevations, correct?

Usually the opposite. More stable and less glide at higher elevation.

Correct. in my estimation my elevation adds .5 to .7 to discrafts stability rating. This new disc will flip easily(but not crazy) from someone with my power at 1000'. Stability is about the same as a stalker or buzzz. I already see this thing replacing my stalkers.

Usually the opposite. More stable and less glide at higher elevation.

they fly more overstable. shorter and more overstable. This point has been beaten to death in a few other threads. I believe it has to do with the amount of air giving the disc lift, with less of that they tend to slow quicker and get to their low speed fade quicker.

Got the one I'm going to play with dyed already!
2012-08-01202144.jpg

That dye is sick as hell. Man I can't wait to go to the Ace Race. Mine is in about 3 months hahaha. One of the last ones but I love having the Ace Race be one of my last days to go out for the year.

We got ours discs in today and what they remind me of most is a squall. Didn't throw any of them, but they sure feel nice in the hand.

2012aceracedisc.jpg

2012aceracedisctop.jpg

We got ours discs in today and what they remind me of most is a squall. Didn't throw any of them, but they sure feel nice in the hand.

That looks *exactly* like a Squall. I was holding a sparkle up to the screen and only the dome looks very slightly different unless it's just the camera angle. Is it the same large diameter?

Do you really think it will be a "squall" since they produce it for DGA?

I highly doubt it.

Do you really think it will be a "squall" since they produce it for DGA?

I highly doubt it.

It is a possibility that it could be. The Titanic and the Magnet are the same thing. However, I am with you that it is highly improbable that it is. If word came out that it is just a rebranding of a disc and no actual effort was made in making it an actual prototype, this tournament would lose a lot of credibility.

Then again, considering everything Discraft is going through right in moving their factory/warehouse, it would not be surprising if they went this route just to save time/ face.

An inside source informed me that they were having some slight molding problems at first. Probably why it took a little longer for the announcement and pics/promo ads. Heard it was to be a wildcat-like mid. Has anyone tried OH these? I'd like a mid-type mold that I can throw a slow OH shot with.

It is a possibility that it could be. The Titanic and the Magnet are the same thing. However, I am with you that it is highly improbable that it is. If word came out that it is just a rebranding of a disc and no actual effort was made in making it an actual prototype, this tournament would lose a lot of credibility.

Then again, considering everything Discraft is going through right in moving their factory/warehouse, it would not be surprising if they went this route just to save time/ face.

Difference is the plastics used. However they make squalls in the 3 plastics for dga.

if this is not a new mold then distract will lose a lot of credibility.